Senior Systems Administrator
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | San Diego CA 92101 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/19/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
The Senior Systems Administrator position is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining internal and customer facing environments and a heterogeneous IT infrastructure with concentration on Microsoft technologies. This position will also provide escalated level help desk support to local users.
- Primarily focused on advanced Microsoft technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux design and support a plus.
- Knowledge of configuration management systems a plus.
- Provide local site administration of IT infrastructure: Server, security, networking, storage systems, and desktops. Collaborate with other offices and territories to plan and implement new technology.
- Support virtualized environment using VMWare, conduct performance analysis and P2V migrations as necessary.
- Perform Tier 2 support for all workstation and server class systems.
- Configure and maintain multi-protocol enterprise class storage systems.
- Manage disaster recovery practices.
- Work with users to resolve network access issues.
- Create project plans and documentation.
- Work with Systems Engineering team to transfer new services into production and facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Research new trends and technologies leading to testing and justification for deployment.
- Be available off hours for scheduled system maintenance and emergencies.
- Be available for on-call rotation.
- < 5% travel per year supporting remote sites as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; Develops plans that best satisfy both business and technical requirements.
- Understanding of systems engineering and design best practices; Advanced-level understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012 required; Strong knowledge of Active Directory and related services; Expert knowledge in Windows based middle ware applications such as .NET, ASP, IIS, and MSSQL; Must understand and communicate system concepts to end users and technical teams; last 3+ years managing enterprise storage technologies (SAN, NAS, iSCSI) - NetApp, EMC, IBM ideal; intermediate (3-5 years) with networking; have considerable knowledge of security concepts and industry best practices; scripting knowledge; system monitoring (SNMP-based) a plus; email/messaging experience a plus; LAMP experience ideal, Mac OSX Server a plus, Cisco switch experience a plus. Mid to advanced-level understanding of Linux/CentOS a plus.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information; Produces and maintains documentation for systems and services; Ability to interact effectively with others on varying technical competency, venders, management, and staff.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to required work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans; Operates across multiple projects concurrently and assumes responsibility for implementation of projects.
Required Experience / Education:
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- At least 1 year of post-high school education or training
Preferred Experience / Education:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- A degree from a four-year college (ie, BA, BS) or equivalent
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
|Location||San Diego, CA, 92101, United States|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT|
|Relocation Cost Paid||None|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|