Director Information Technology
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | San Diego CA 92101 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/19/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
The IT Director is responsible for management and oversight of the Product Development IT (America) Group. The group provides IT support and infrastructure ranging from helpdesk to engineering & architecture for all internal WWS groups in the US. Responsiveness is a key to our success and must remain a paramount priority. The IT Director is a member of the Global IT management team and is expected to interact and collaborate both across global regions with all the other Global IT Group directors. The IT Director must demonstrate strong proficiencies in managing people, business, and technology. This is not a typical "corporate" IT Director position - We exist to help foster innovation and provide solutions to meet studio development challenges.
- Create and manage PDIT-A strategy in alignment with Global IT
- Manage a team of 40+ staff, including succession planning and management development of high potential employees
- Provide ongoing training & development of management and staff
- Manage the PDIT-A budget within parameters meeting the goals of Global IT & WWS
- Manage key vendor relationships
- Manage interactions and relationships with wholly-owned subsidiary game studios (Naughty Dog & SuckerPunch)
- Deliver infrastructure solutions in support of WWS and Global IT objectives, while meeting the schedules and goals of studio groups
- Manage change management process and escalate issues as appropriate
- Manage operational metrics for reporting to staff and senior management
- Monitoring & reporting of IT projects, both domestic and cross-region
- Implement IT infrastructure systems/projects in alignment with global strategy
- Develop strong working relationships with stakeholder groups both within Global IT and within Studio and Studio-support groups.
- Participate in Global IT strategy and technology summits to collaborate with other WWS IT executives, staff, and studio and support group members
- Incorporate best practices provided by Global Information Security into IT projects, ensure compliance with Sony, WWS, and Global IT policies
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Knowledge of ITIL v2/v3
- Operational understanding of storage technologies (SAN/NAS) and backup technologies
- Ability to provide input and collaborate with senior management to meet strategic long-term goals and objectives
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Knowledge of IT security solutions and practices
- Strong customer service mentality, with the ability to align with business strategy
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Proven ability to build, motivate, and lead high performing teams
- Strong experience being able to translate highly technical solutions and information into formats fitting multiple audiences (eg. senior management, studio developers, etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to interact at multiple management levels in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of MS Office products
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Business Admin (or similar areas)
- Six to ten years of experience in IT or IT-related environments, focusing on engineering support, fast-paced environments & innovation
- ITIL v2/v3 Foundation certification
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
|Location||San Diego, CA, 92101, United States|
|Categories||Executive / Management|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|