Technical Account Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | San Francisco CA 94102 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/10/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
Sony Computer Entertainment America's "Developer Services and Support Group" provides a range of services (technical support, software development and consultancy) that support the development of PlayStation products by both SCEA and its partners throughout North America.
The Developer Services and Support Group seeks an Account Manager to work with the Developer Relations group to manage accounts, handle queries, lead meetings, visit client sites, communicate with internal and external groups and prepare business data.
Primary Role / Responsibilities
- The Tools and Middleware (TM) Account Manager is the key point of contact for all non-technical discussions between TM partners and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCE)
- Responsible for proactive non-technical discussions between the group and the rest of the company
- Will have regular, scheduled contacts with all full TM partners, at minimum of once a month
- Responsible for face to face meetings at SCE-sponsored Developer Conferences and major trade shows such as the Game Developers Conference
- Responsible for conveying feedback from PlayStation developers about problem areas with TM partner product(s), and working with TM partner to create product improvement plans, where possible
- Responsible for acting as the escalation point for TM partners when business or technical needs are not met, or when problems arise
- Responsible for educating TM partners about types of technical assistance that can be provided, and routes requests for technical assistance
- Act as point of contact from SCE when TM partners use SCE's logos or other IP improperly or when other corrective action is needed
- Take part in Developer Relations business initiatives (ex: PubFund)
- Participate in PlayStation platform educational programs
- Create a monthly newsletter to keep TM Partners informed
- Responsible for all aspects of management of the TM Incubation program, including: Program entry requirements, identification of entry candidates, setting length of incubation period, working with incubation TM partners to create agreed upon milestones, and track progress toward milestones on a monthly basis at minimum
- Responsible for understanding business partner's product line(s), including strengths and weaknesses of product(s) as compared to other products in marketplace and on other platforms.
- Must be able to make recommendations for improvement of products by both middleware partner and SCE engineering staff.
- Provides analysis of potential partners for entry into program from other regional territories, upon request.
- Generates prioritization list of TM partners for meeting and support purposes.
- Responsible for identifying potential new partners and technologies which would benefit the PlayStation platforms and/or licensed PlayStation developers.
- Responsible for attracting these partners and technologies to PlayStation platforms.
- Responsible for inviting TM partners to SCE events, such as Developer Conferences (DevCon), Developer Seminars and Kitchens and sponsored social gatherings
- Assists with any setup needs or equipment loans for DevCon
- Assists with developer communication opportunities at DevCon, including, but not limited to speaking sessions and networking introductions
- Opportunities to partner with TM companies to work with developers, such as co-visits with Developer Support
- Assist with short-term hardware loans for conferences upon request.
- Assists approval process of TM partner PlayStation press releases
- Communicate effectively all SCEA goals and identifies to pursue areas of business development interest to the company
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- At least 5 years of relevant development experience in product development (producer or equivalent on at least 2 shipped products), or working for a platform holder
- At least 3 years prior account management experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of the console industry and development landscape
- Develop and maintain relationships outside the company to negotiate, influence, and communicate complex data
- Be a mentor for the junior members on team
- Act as liaison for developer issues
- Must have a high level of technical knowledge
- Must have a strong foundation of modern development methodologies
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- You should be outgoing, well versed in game development processes and trends, and enjoy traveling to talk with game developers on-site and at industry events
- You must have experience working effectively at the technical and administrative level, and foster strong business relationships with third party developer accounts
About Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation(R) family of products, including the PlayStation(R)3 (PS3 TM), PlayStation(R) Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation(R) Mobile and PlayStation(R)Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the original PlayStation(R) first revolutionized the world of gaming, SCEA has repeatedly set the benchmark for innovation in home and portable entertainment through amazing gameplay experiences that inspire people across the world. Based in Foster City, CA, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and employs over 2,104 people in offices located in Foster City, CA, San Diego, CA, Santa Monica, CA and Bend, OR.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|