Web Developer (Online Games)
Knowledge Nation | San Francisco CA 94102 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/20/2013
KNeoWORLD (www.kneoworld.com) is the games portal of Knowledge Nation. We are actively seeking games that combine fun with inherent educational benefit, and are interested in licensing, purchasing and co-developing games from developers worldwide.
At the core of Knowledge Nation is the belief that the right games used in the right way can make a significant contribution to improving learning.
Knowledge Nation currently has a vacant full-time position for a developer who specializes in online games for social and mobile platforms.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with the right skills, experience and character to be part of an organization at the forefront of its field, making games more accessible to a broader audience through the medium of education.
You will be an enthusiastic, positive, creative, problem solver with excellent oral & written communication skills, who is able to manage deadlines and work as a key part of a team while under pressure.
• Develop features to support the monetization and viral spread of our unique KNeoWORLD product
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Experience developing technical architecture and APIs for other developers
• Good communicator and able to work comfortably within a technical and business teams
o Utilizing coding best practice, such as source control, extensive documenting of code and test-driven development
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
• Experience with user testing and metrics capture, including A-B testing
• Experience working with virtual world / massively multiplayer technologies (preferably cross-platform, including mobile)
• Experience with Facebook, Google and Twitter API's and other social graphs / single sign-in providers
• Experience working with monetization platforms / payment providers, such as Super Rewards and Playspan
• Adobe Flash/Air, Java (android) and objective C (iOS) app development experience
• High performance network programming (TCP/IP, UDP and HTTP)
• Familiar with Agile development and the Lean Start-up methodology
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States|
|Annual Salary||60.00 - 110.00/Yearly|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Social / Online Games, Serious Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Matt Seeney|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Web D|