Experienced Gameplay Programmer
Firebrand Games | Merritt Island FL 32953 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/20/2013
We operate in small tight-knit teams of highly experienced and driven individuals where everyone makes a difference and has a responsibility to add to the quality of our games. We believe in strict scope management practices and high productivity to help us achieve our aim of the best balance between quality of life and quality of product.
Firebrand Games Florida is looking for a talented and self-motivated Experienced Gameplay Programmer to join our dedicated team of developers working on our latest project.
The Experienced Gameplay Programmer will work closely with the Lead Programmer, Technical Director and game team to bring our latest games to completion on a number of current and next-gen platforms and to contribute timely, consistent and high quality output from the studio’s programming team.
As a member of the game team you will work with other team members to implement gameplay features, as well as implement platform specific requirements, and optimize code and algorithms. You are expected to use your solid industry experience to help establish the perfect balance between quality and scope and to assist the management team with accurate estimates.
As a Gameplay Programmer it is vital that you have a deep passion for games and how they are experienced. You will be working closely with our game and visual designers to get the feel and reactions of the game “just right” for the best possible experience and use your experience to strike the right balance between intent and execution.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• BSc. in Computer Science or other suitable degree preferred.
• Professional experience working in video game development.
• Must have the right to live and work in the US.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional video games programming experience.
• Credited on at least 2 published video games in a Programmer role.
• Experience through a full development cycle and certification submission on at least one HD console game.
• High level of proficiency with C++, STL and OOP.
• Solid code architecture and planning skills.
• Excellent math skills, including 3D vector math.
• Exceptional communication and team working skills.
• Ability to work unsupervised and manage your own tasks and priorities.
• Experience with handheld and/or mobile platforms.
• Experience with 3rd party game engines in general and Unity in particular.
• A deep interest in games.
• Good memory and performance optimization skills.
• Solid demo or examples of personal work.
• Links or references to commercially released products with clear indication of contributions made.
|Location||Merritt Island, FL, 32953, United States|
|Annual Salary||50,000.00 - 75,000.00/Yearly|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Console / PC Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Soeren Lund|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||321 600 0911|
|Primary Fax||321 600 0914|