Compliance Paralegal / Program Specialist
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | San Mateo CA 94401 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/19/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
The Compliance & Employment Law Paralegal/Program Specialist will assist the Director, Corporate Compliance with all SCEA compliance programs and initiatives. This includes the Ethics and Compliance program (Code of Conduct, Code of Conduct training and acknowledgments, reminders, EthicsPoint Hotline and Web Portal, etc.) for all of SCEA, Gaikai, and studios (e.g., Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Bend)), the Record Retention program, the Anti-Money Laundering program, the Antibribery program and the Antitrust program, and OFAC compliance.
- Duties include maintaining archives and records associated with each program, follow up with employees and managers regarding compliance deadlines and assisting with course completion, help track, monitor and manage 3 year compliance protocol plans, attend risk management and related compliance meetings
- Help prepare monthly and annual reports required of the Compliance department
- Assist with the creation and delivery of new compliance programs and initiatives
- Research on best practices and cutting edge approaches will be conducted by the role
- Prepare draft PowerPoint presentations for the Director based on training and outreach needs
- Assist with gathering and collecting information in connection with investigations under the Compliance and Employment Law areas; maintain all files and documents in connection with these matters
- Perform various administrative functions such as scheduling meetings, travel and vendor/outside counsel invoices for the Compliance/Employment Law function
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Experience in managing programs and projects a plus
- Experience and expertise with PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work professionally with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment a must
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years of paralegal work or equivalent
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
|Location||San Mateo, CA, 94401, United States|
|Categories||Business Development / Analyst / Legal|
|Relocation Cost Paid||None|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|