Activision | Santa Monica CA 90405 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/18/2013
Activision's Central Technology Online group is looking for a Online Programmer. The Central Technology Online group is responsible for supporting, implementing, improving and debugging the online code and infrastructure for Activision/Blizzard's top selling online games. Working in this group will give the candidate an ideal opportunity to have a true impact on multi-million unit selling AAA franchises, and will encompass all elements of multiplayer online games including matchmaking, statistics, anti-cheat, infrastructure design, live operations management, and optimizations.
This position will play a key role in the addition of multiplayer functionality to titles for next generation game systems. As a Online Programmer, this position requires extensive hands on programming on a variety of game related network systems.
- 2 to 4 years in a Programmer position on a high profile title or titles for the current generation of consoles (Xbox 360 and PS3).
- Must have shipped at least 1 console title, AAA a plus.
- Strong understanding of online games, including low-level networking, back-end, and internet connection issues and solutions.
- Experience dealing with bandwidth and latency issues.
- Understanding of the implementation requirements of client-server and peer-to-peer networking models.
- Strong C/C++ software engineering skills. Python a plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with one or more of the following: Xbox/Windows Live, Sony Playstation Network, Nintendo WiFi Connection, or Steam.
- Experience implementing networked gameplay, AI, or physics.
- Data mining experience.
- Exceptional 3D Math skills.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Santa Monica, CA, 90405, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision Blizzard is a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world’s largest independent video game publisher.
The company’s product portfolio includes Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty®, and Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure™ franchises and such established licensed properties asSpider-Man™, X-Men™, James Bond™, and Transformers™, as well as Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft®, Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises.
Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment and provides corporate shared services such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales, for both companies.