Outsource Manager (f/m)
YAGER Development | Berlin Berlin 10997 DEU | Full Time | Posted: 03/21/2013
We are an English speaking studio with more than 100 people from 15 different countries. This rich mix of individual skills, backgrounds, and perspectives creates an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere vital to the success of our productions.
BERLIN is the creative heart of Europe, affording a quality of life and life experiences unmatched on the continent. Not only is it the capital of the German republic, it is a thriving metropolis rich in history, architecture and culture. It is home to a vibrant nightlife, and the cost of living is the lowest in Europe for a city of its size. Berlin is an excellent launch point to any destination in Europe and is known for its first-rate public transportation system, which puts the entire city just a short transit ride away.
YAGER is housed in a 1500m2 loft on the banks of the river Spree in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg, one of the most energetic and culturally rich neighborhoods in Berlin. Numerous affordable and eclectic restaurants and shops are all located within a short walk from the office.
YAGER - the developer of Spec Ops: The Line - seeks the talents of a passionate Outsource Manager to work on an awesome and exciting unannounced AAA project. We’re looking for people who love working in interdisciplinary teams with a flat hierarchy and in a fast-paced and professional environment. So if you are excited about working in a strong team culture where your voice counts, are organized, have excellent communication skills and a proven track record in management, we have a great opportunity for you at YAGER.
• Set up long term workflows pipelines and tools that allow for efficient flexible and timely delivery of high quality assets
• Work with tools, programmers, IT, staff, software vendors, etc. to automate processes where appropriate
• Organize collating and delivery of internal feedback on delivered assets as part of a sign off process
• Work with the Team and Directors to create and assess the asset briefs required to ensure the quality of assets for the final product
• Knowledge of the current outsourcing market and its vital role in the game development industry
• Communicate style requirements to external partners to ensure a consistent project vision
• Ensure clear and consistent documentation of art production pipeline for a range of assets for external vendor reference
• Establish tests for vetting new outsourcing contacts, and review and rate incoming test assets
• +3 years of game outsourcing experience
• Experience with mainstream 3D software packages such as Max and Maya is a must
• Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills in order to effectively delegate tasks and motivate external teams
• Solid understanding of game development processes, limitations, dependencies and trends
• Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
• Solid understanding of Current/Next Gen pipelines for asset/level creation
• Ability to train and brief internal teams on requirements and processes
• Superb external and internal communication skills (verbal and written)
• Good knowledge and understanding of asset budgets is preferred
• Familiarity with multiple asset tracking tools and systems is an advantage
• Full-time and on-site
• Status: employment
• Start: as soon as possible
Join Our Team!
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in interdisciplinary teams with a flat hierarchy, please send us your application using this link:
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|Categories||Art / Animation, Producer / Director / Project Manager|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360|
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||+49 30 69597660|
|Primary Fax||+49 30 69597680|