Concept Artist- Environment
Insomniac Games | Burbank CA 91504 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/12/2013
So coming up with a concept for this posting was super challenging… I hope you have better luck than I did! Insomniac Games is looking for a concept artist that specializes in environments. We are looking to you to create images that solve visual problems and inspire production artists, and establish style and content guidelines for the art team. We are looking at you to help be the kickstarter of the process!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Assists in establishing style for production art
• Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director
• Participates in setting global quality/detail targets for production
• Participates in concept art critiques
• Creates production designs for assets
• Works with production leads to create concept art relevant for production
• Creates illustrations to support the marketing effort
• Works with modelers to ensure that spirit of concepts are preserved when concepts go to modeling.
• Works with designers, modelers, and programmers to make sure gameplay concerns are addressed in concept designs.
• May also assist in level layout design or map preparation for both modelers and designers.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. And/or have a current portfolio that demonstrates command of techniques needed.
• Advanced understanding of Photoshop or equivalent required.
• Understanding of Maya’s modeling and texture tool sets a plus.
• Ability to adapt to proprietary tools.
Other Skills: Expert drawing and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles. Advanced understanding of color theory, anatomy, composition, design, perspective, lighting, and painting. Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules. Willingness to receive direction and work well with a team.
If this sounds great to you – then we want to hear from you. Please use the link below, and apply directly to the position. Thanks!
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Burbank, CA, 91504, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|