R&D Technical Project Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | San Francisco CA 94102 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/11/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
Overall, the position of Senior Technical Project Manager is expected to partner with the organization to manage and support US R&D in all areas of Technical Project Management, including:
- Managing and tracking of US R&D projects
- Working with project leads, managers and other stakeholders to define milestones, establish schedules and allocate tasks
- Communicating project status cross-department and cross-company
- Preparing presentations, project documentation and reports
- Establishing and following project development procedures in accordance with applicable industry best practices and to maximize efficiency
- Delivering the project to the quality, time and scope requirements specified
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
Develop and manage project schedules, tasks and open issues.
- Establish and update schedules as needed
- Define and assign tasks and due dates
- Identify open issues, risks and determine action/mitigation plans
- Follow up on action items and tasks to make sure they get completed on time
- Address administrative, project-related tasks
- Maintain project management artifacts and facilitate sharing of project information
- Develop and refine necessary processes, including development methodologies, usage of software tools, release and operational procedures, etc.
- Insure that QA testing is planned and executed as required to meet expectations
- Assess and procure necessary resources
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant work-related experience in a related industries such as gaming, consumer electronics, and embedded software platform and application development
- Master's of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- PMI certification
- Agile software development experience
- CMMI experience
- Game industry experience
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3(TM)), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the original PlayStation® first revolutionized the world of gaming, SCEA has repeatedly set the benchmark for innovation in home and portable entertainment through amazing gameplay experiences that inspire people across the world. Based in Foster City, CA, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and employs over 2,104 people in offices located in Foster City, CA, San Diego, CA, Santa Monica, CA and Bend, OR.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|