Senior Software Engineer, R&D
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | San Francisco CA 94102 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/11/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
This engineer wil assume the role of a Developer Support Engineer working to enable and assist with non-game application development by PlayStation® partners. This engineer is expected to work with the engineering teams in US R&D to provide top quality support for SCE licensed developers on all PlayStation® platforms, including triaging bug reports, escalating to appropriate groups within SCE and responding to partner issues. The engineer will also generate documentation and samples that will efficiently commuicate the best technologies, algorithms, and processes to the PlayStation® development community.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide top quality support using the PlayStation® Developer Network website for private support tracker issues and public forums for existing and future PlayStation platforms, including investigating and responding to support requests in a timely manner.
- Identitfy and write any documentation, including sample code, required to provide licensed developers with the most current technical information for existing and future PlayStation platforms.
- Collaborate with groups outside of SCEA US R&D including the Developer Services & Support team and other Sony groups on projects that will best benefit/assist licenesed developers.
- Contribute to the expansion of PlayStation® non-game application software development kits and tools.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Additionally, must have skills in one or more of the following areas:
o Embedded software or game software user interface development.
o Graphics programming with 2D or 3D APIs, including OpenGL.
- Be able to communicate technical ideas and issues clearly.
- Experience in participating in a formal to light weight development process (requirements, design, implementation, risk and issues tracking, bug triages, testing, release).
- Developed on a mobile, gaming or computing platform and has experience in using developer support resources on that platform.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Experience with PlayStation®3 development.
- Experience as a development support engineer for gaming, application or computing platforms.
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Relocation Cost Paid||None|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|