Network Engineer-Vicarious Visions
Activision | Albany NY 12201 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/11/2013
Network & Systems Software Engineer
Vicarious Visions, developer of numerous award winning games, including Skylanders Spyro Adventure, Guitar Hero: On Tour, Tony Hawk, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is seeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced Network & Systems Software Engineer to join our team of talented developers in creating next generation games across all platforms.
A Software Engineer is a capable engineer with a strong foundation in software development and able to provide leadership in at least one area of expertise. They contribute to complex design and development efforts, may be a lead or sub-lead of a team, and are expected to work in conjunction with senior staff but otherwise be largely self-directed.
This position is for working on Activate, Activision's cross-platform mobile gaming network. The team employs networking technologies to enable online gameplay and backend services including cloud storage, leaderboards and other social features.
· Implement, debug and optimize systems in C++ and other languages.
· Design complex software systems through consultation and coordination with other software engineers, game designers, visual artists and audio engineers.
· Lead and participate in design and code reviews.
· Assist and mentor junior engineers and coops.
· Promote group standards and best practices.
· Investigate and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools and systems.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· At least 3-5 years experience in the game industry or other relevant experience.
· Strong OO design and development in C++.
· Experience with mobile game development (iOS, Android, WP8).
· Experience with networking and client/server architecture.
· Unity and C# are strong plusses.
· Ability to collaborate and communicate with other engineers to obtain optimal results.
· A passion for developing high quality games.
Come work with us on our exciting new titles! We offer a modern work setting, an outstanding compensation and benefits package, a fun team environment, impressively affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life. Please apply at http://www.vvisions.com/
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Albany, NY, 12201, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
Come join Vicarious Visions, one of the most dynamic and creative game developers in the video-game industry. For over 15 years, VV games have been pushing technical boundaries to deliver addictive gameplay and immersive art bringing both characters and worlds to life on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, iPhone, and many other platforms. Vicarious Visions, located in Albany, NY, has gained critical acclaim with hit titles such as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2®, Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock, Guitar Hero: On Tour®, Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, Spiderman 2®, and Transformers®. Vicarious Visions' leading edge technology and games have been part of the system launches for the Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, Playstation Portable and more. We are a team of talented, energetic, and highly motivated individuals. Our people come from all areas of the globe, bringing a very diverse mix of styles to our games. It also makes for a very cool place to work. We offer competitive salaries, relocation, and full benefits. Check us out at www.vvisions.com.