Technical Director - Core Tech - 2K Games
2K Games | Novato CA 94949 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/06/2013
The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Irrational Games, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Cat Daddy Games, and 2K China. Some of the hit titles in 2K's lineup include the critically-praised BioShock® and BioShock®2, Sid Meier's Civilization® series; the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise NBA® 2K10; and the multi-million unit selling hit Carnival Games.
At 2K our goal is simple: Make games that are the best in the genre and have fun doing it. 2K is proudly developing a series of critically acclaimed games. Owned by Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), 2K is a successful, stable publishing label that produces high-quality titles every year.
So what does 2K have to offer? How about generous salaries, full medical and dental benefits, a 401k plan, and a fun work environment. 2K believes everyone plays a significant role in the development process, meaning all team members contribute their ideas and are important to the success of the game. We are looking for people who are passionate about games. 2K is located in beautiful Novato, California, near mountain bike trails and beaches, about 25 minutes north of San Francisco. That's right - you can make great games, be active outdoors and soak up culture in one of the world’s most beautiful cities all at the same time!
Join our team today!
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR -CORE TECH - 2K GAMES
SUMMARY: Manage the 2K Core Tech team while providing technical guidance for the company across multiple projects.
• Manage core tech team including server infrastructure development, internal discipline experts and tool development.
• Proactively identify the tools and processes that will be needed throughout studios and work to build, communicate and execute core tech plans.
• Recommend solutions, and approve core tech plans and timelines, while understanding overall impact to all stakeholders.
• Keep up with current advances in technology and propose new innovations that may benefit projects across 2K.
• Work closely with studio technical directors to ensure the services provided meet the needs of the development teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience.
• Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
• 8+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
• 3+ AAA shipped titles with management or lead responsibilities, specifically in the game industry.
• Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures.
• In-depth working knowledge of several core engine systems, i.e. graphics, animation, audio, etc.
• Ability to lead, manage, and mentor the work of others.
• Excellent project management and time management skills.
QUALIFICATIONS (Highly Desired):
• Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360).
• Experience working with external development teams.
• Experience with Unreal Engine development.
• Experience working on multi-platform software projects.
REPORTS TO: VP of Technology
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Novato, CA, 94949, United States|
|Categories||Producer / Director / Project Manager|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Brooke Grabrian|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|