Insomniac Games | Burbank CA 91504 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/05/2013
Are you ready to be a part of the United Earth’s elite Outernauts force? If you are – we are looking for you! Insomniac Games is looking for a programmer to work with the Outernauts team on games for iOS platforms. We are looking to you to help design and implement new game features, optimize for memory and performance, and provide tools for content creators. We are also looking for you to write server and database code to support new features. Read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Maintenance and development of server and client code for game features.
• Optimization of existing code for performance and memory. Provide useful analysis of game performance problems.
• Development of technology to improve security, data protection, and to prevent hacking.
• Development of server and client code related to payment gateways, financial transactions, and transaction security.
• Maintenance and development of server deployment scripts.
• Maintenance and development of application instance monitoring software.
• Diagnosing and debugging problems with client performance, load time, and connection problems.
• Maintenance and development of tools for content creators.
• Design, implementation, and maintenance of User Interface systems.
• Development of performant, reusable and clean code.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Additional skills needed for this position include:
• Ability to adhere to existing coding practices.
• Ability to work independently, trouble-shoot problems, and provide solutions proactively.
• Strong communication skills.
Education and/or Experience needed for this position:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Computer Science is favorable.
• Strong command of C++ or ActionScript.
• Experience with iOS, Flash, and PHP preferable.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to work with an amazing team, then we look forward to hearing from you. Please use the link below, and apply directly to the position. Thanks!
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Burbank, CA, 91504, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Browser Based Games,Mobile phone|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||iOS P|