Senior Software Engineer (Multiplayer Platform)
Adhesive Games | Pasadena CA 91105 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/04/2013
Adhesive Games is looking for qualified software engineers to join our team in Pasadena, Los Angeles. This is a software engineering role requiring design, implementation and unit testing of production-quality software for our cloud-based network platform for our F2P title Hawken.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out requirements analysis, design, estimation, implementation, unit testing and maintenance for product and platform features.
• Collaborate with the engineering team developing the backend server infrastructure.
• Build new online features in the game client
• Participate proactively in design discussions, design/code reviews.
• Solve networking problems reported by the community.
• Create system software written in C#/C++ and/or scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash) for our platform services.
• Work independently as well as in team roles, including subsystem teams.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet stretch goals. Familiarity with Agile development methods is a plus.
Skills & Requirements:
Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• 5+ years in a hands-on software development role including software design.
• Strong C#/C++ and scripting language programming skills in a Windows programming environment.
• Strong understanding of inter-process communication, threading models, synchronization concepts and experience with complex multithreaded software design is required.
• Experience with multiplayer game development and online subsystems.
• Experience with one or more of the following: distributed and networked programming, scalability and performance benchmarking/tuning, virtualization, database systems.
• Experience with one or more of the following: UnrealEngine3, Xbox Live, Steam, PSN…
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Pasadena, CA, 91105, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Senior Software Engineer|