Fishlabs Entertainment | Hamburg Hamburg 20457 DEU | Full Time | Posted: 03/04/2013
Fishlabs Entertainment’s flagship title Galaxy on Fire 2™ has not only been featured globally by Apple several times but it has also been pre-installed on several devices or promoted by Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, Lenovo and Nvidia. So far, the Galaxy on Fire 2™ series has spawned one main game and two extensive story add-ons by the names of Valkyrie™ and Supernova™.
In addition to its own IPs, Fishlabs Entertainment is also known as world leader for the development of numerous highly successful brand games for blue-chip clients such as Volkswagen and Barclaycard, which have dominated the App Store download charts in a multitude of countries for weeks. All in all, the company’s titles have generated a total of almost 100 million game installs.
For more information visit www.fishlabs.net.
With an award-winning portfolio of premium titles such as the AAA open space shooter Galaxy on Fire 2™ (which has already received several global features by Apple), the IMGA double winner Snowboard Hero™ and the recent five million downloads-hit Sports Car Challenge™ (featuring iconic sports cars by VW, Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley and Bugatti), Fishlabs is one of the world’s leading developers of high-quality smartphone and tablet games on iOS, Android, Blackberry and other mobile operating systems. Spearheading 3D Mobile Gaming since 2004, we have not only been elected “Best Studio” at the 2011 German Developer Awards, but also made it into the Top 15 in Develop Magazine’s 2011 Top 100 ranking.
Fuelled by ever-more powerful mobile hardware and enabled by our proprietary, platform-independent, but mobile-optimized Abyss™ engine, current-gen console quality is finally within our grasp. Help us achieve it and accompany us beyond, never forgetting that making the gaming experience fun is your top priority - no matter what the business model: Premium, Freemium or totally Free!
This truly is a great time to join Fishlabs as it grows at a healthy pace in the probably fastest-moving and also most exciting part of the gaming industry!
For our studio in the beautiful city of Hamburg we are looking to fill the following full-time, permanent position asap:
(Please note: The exact job title, i.e. Junior/”Regular”/Senior may vary depending on experience)
Development respectively integration of proprietary/middleware solutions for monetization, data analytics and user acquisition within established and upcoming Fishlabs IP in close cooperation with a Data Analyst
What we are looking for:
- Background in Business Intelligence or similar
- Profound knowledge of C++ and Java
- Experience in handling existing source code
- Deep mathematical understanding
- Ability to work independently with strong self-motivation
- Excellent team-playing skills
- German language skills
- Previous experience with mobile operating systems
- Passion for games and the games industry
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work on commercially successful titles in a multiple award-winning team of approx 70 mobile mad men (and women), who have been accumulating unique know how in the development of AAA mobile games since Fishlabs’ foundation in 2004
- A 40-hour work week, overtime compensation, rare crunch periods (thanks to excellent project management), a minimum of 24 days of paid vacation plus several bank holidays, high-quality medical insurance, and strict worker-friendly labor laws
- A competitive salary and - once you have settled in and earned some spurs - financial support for professional and academic development
Support (financial and/or otherwise) in the acquisition of a working visa, relocation, and learning German
- A very attractive, recently remodeled office in the center of the beautiful city of Hamburg, Europe’s Green Capital 2011, which constantly achieves top marks with regards to its standard of living. With a population of approx 2 mio as well as excellent public transport and a vibrant nightlife (Reeperbahn, anyone?), Hamburg boasts a host of opportunities to have a good time outside of work, too. And did we mention it is only 1 hr from the nearest sea coast respectively 1.5 hrs to Berlin?
- Not just an open-door, but a no-door policy, where you might find our - approachable - founders sitting right across from you. Turn or roll around in your chair to talk to your team mates. That’s important, because all of our development is team-based!
- Regular and irregular internal events over the course of the year. Past events have included several Lasertag matches against another game developers, a boat tour on the Elbe River or a GPS treasure hunt along the channels of the Alster Lake. More to come!
Please send your complete application including cover letter, résumé, diplomas, references and (as far as applicable) work samples in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t forget to state how you learned about this job offer.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany|
|Categories||Marketing / PR / Communications, Programmer / Engineer, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Mac OS X,Windows Mobile,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Marc Morian|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||0049 40 88 88 00 178|