Senior Graphics Programmer (f/m)
YAGER Development | Berlin Berlin 10997 DEU | Full Time | Posted: 03/19/2013
We are an English speaking studio with more than 100 people from 15 different countries. This rich mix of individual skills, backgrounds, and perspectives creates an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere vital to the success of our productions.
BERLIN is the creative heart of Europe, affording a quality of life and life experiences unmatched on the continent. Not only is it the capital of the German republic, it is a thriving metropolis rich in history, architecture and culture. It is home to a vibrant nightlife, and the cost of living is the lowest in Europe for a city of its size. Berlin is an excellent launch point to any destination in Europe and is known for its first-rate public transportation system, which puts the entire city just a short transit ride away.
YAGER is housed in a 1500m2 loft on the banks of the river Spree in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg, one of the most energetic and culturally rich neighborhoods in Berlin. Numerous affordable and eclectic restaurants and shops are all located within a short walk from the office.
As a Senior Graphics Programmer at YAGER you will work with an international team of highly experienced and talented developers that are passionate about their work. Support a team embracing the latest technology on the newest console hardware. You will work closely with engineers, content creators and designers to get the best out of Epic's latest technology and extend it where needed to deliver our shared vision of the game.
• Develop new and improve existing graphics technologies to help achieve state-of-the-art visuals
• Be solution-driven, take initiative and develop original ideas towards all aspects of engine and game development
• Design, implement, optimize and maintain graphics features in collaboration with artists
• Develop and maintain content generation and content optimization of pipelines
• Low level profiling and optimization, write memory- and cache-friendly code
• Optimization of systems: frame-rate, memory usage and load-times
• 5 Year minimum of game programming experience, with at least 1 shipped AAA title as a graphics programmer
• Extensive experience with shaders, animation, lighting, and FX
• In-depth knowledge of PS3 and XBox360 rendering architecture, APIs and tools
• Advanced math skills (trigonometry, linear algebra etc)
• Strong analytical and debugging skills
• Good communication skills and team work experience
• Experience with latest Unreal Engine 3
• Experience with the DirectX11 rendering architecture and APIs
• Passionate about working in a collaborative team environment
• Full-time and On-site
• Status: Employment
• Start: as soon as possible
Join Our Team!
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in interdisciplinary teams with a flat hierarchy, please send us your application.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360|
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||+49 30 69597660|
|Primary Fax||+49 30 69597680|