Senior Web Developer
Digital Extremes | London ON N6A 5P2 CAN | Full Time | Posted: 02/22/2013
Digital Extremes first became known with the co-creation of Epic’s Unreal franchise, which has won numerous awards and sold millions of units. Following the success of the franchise, Digital Extremes entered the new generation of consoles with Dark Sector – the highly anticipated 3rd person action game. Dark Sector was the first release to be made with Digital Extremes’ proprietary Evolution Engine, a graphically rich gaming engine all built in-house. Following Dark Sector, Digital Extremes’ began the first of many collaborations with 2K Games – creating the entire Multiplayer portion of Bioshock 2. Soon after, 2K and Digital Extremes partnered up for the critically-acclaimed and recently released The Darkness 2. The Darkness 2 featured stunning visuals and visceral game play, all built in the Evolution Engine. Since the days of the glaive and demon arms, Digital Extremes has warped into space with its latest project: Star Trek. To be released in 2013, the company is creating a one of a kind co-op experience between Kirk and Spock.
Digital Extremes prides itself on providing a warm, inviting, creative work environment for its team and has recently been named as one of 'Canada's Top 100 Employers'. Competitive salaries, profit sharing, stock options, retirement matching, ample vacation and free daily homemade lunches are just a few of the many perks our employees enjoy. But all these perks aren't worth much if you're not working on exciting ambitious projects that get your creative juices flowing and that's where DE shines. So, join us in London, Ontario, the family-friendly Forest City and land of impressively affordable living to be a part of a passionate, devoted team of developing ninjas.
Located in the heart of South-Western Ontario, Digital Extremes is dedicated to making AAA quality games, with the best and brightest talent available. Digital Extremes prides itself on providing a warm, inviting, creative work environment for its team and has been named as one of 'Canada's Top 100 Employers'. Competitive salaries, profit sharing, stock options, retirement matching, ample vacation and free daily homemade lunches are just a few of the many perks our employees enjoy.
We are currently seeking an experienced Web Developer to assist on our new FTP game, Warframe.
Warframe is a cooperative free-to-play online action game set in an evolving sci-fi world. Join your friends in player-vs-enemy raids across the solar system and master the power of the Warframes. Stand alone or fight together against enemies that threaten your world.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining our game and company website front-end and back-end
• Work with marketing team on creation of site and page layout/user interface
• Creation and development of game web infrastructure services
• Develop and maintain a user-friendly CSS module
• Collaborate with other team members to identify and implement features and functionality that create a unique and superior web experience for our customers
• Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game and company’s web presence
• Routine daily maintenance of existing site(s)
• Write robust, maintainable code
• Working experience in databases, preferably MongoDB
• Knowledge of Drupal framework and CSS development
• Understands the benefits of SEO and the development skills to support SEO
• Experience with Apache in a Linux-based environment
• Knowledge of security and authentication protocols
• Strong communication skills, work ethic and motivation
• Must be a detail-oriented self-starter, able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
• Passion for making and playing great games
• Willing to relocate to Canada
• Prior experience with Perl
• E-Commerce experience
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||London, ON, N6A 5P2, Canada|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Kate Roberts|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|