Rendering/Graphics Software Engineer
Sucker Punch Productions | Bellevue WA 98004 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/20/2013
Sucker Punch takes an entire floor of a skyscraper in downtown Bellevue, a work environment customized to emphasize collaboration. We offer a great environment, a friendly set of co-workers, a full benefits package, competitive salaries, and the opportunity to work with one of the best teams around.
We’re proud of the games we’ve built, but we’re always looking to get better. We’re excited about strengthening our team with people that share our vision for building visually arresting, emotionally compelling, viscerally involving games. If you’re that sort of person, we’d love to hear from you.
Additional information can be found on the company's Web site at http://www.suckerpunch.com/.
Sucker Punch Productions is looking for focused, collaborative, professional engineers to implement rendering features for our upcoming (and unannounced) project. We're looking for bright, energetic, and talented individuals who share our love of video games and our passion for creating innovative and fun experiences.
The majority of this highly technical coding and design work will be done in C++ and a graphics language like HLSL or Cg. Experience designing and working with complex, large-scale software projects is a plus, as is experience optimizing large code bases. Experience with low-level PS3 graphics coding is a plus. A strong math background and an eye toward visual appeal and details are also nice to have.
• 3+ years commercial programming experience. Game industry experience is not strictly required, but is strongly preferred.
• Practical experience building high-quality graphics technology.
• Must be fluent in C++ and familiarity with HLSL, Cg or similar graphics language. Coding experience in assembly (for any processor) is a big plus, as is experience with Lisp or Scheme.
• BS or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Must be legally able to work in the United States.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Bellevue, WA, 98004, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|