Mind Pirate | Menlo Park CA 94025 USA | Full Time, Contract | Posted: 02/13/2013
unique capabilities of modern mobile devices and transforms the player's ability to perceive
and interact with their physical environment. In its first three weeks in the market in January 2013,
our premiere game was installed more than 2 million times and rose quickly to the top of
the charts as the #1 Free iPhone or iPad game in 45 countries around the world (and with an
average user review of 4.5+ stars).
We are looking for an exceptionally talented game designer with the drive and
ambition to create pioneering games for the ever-expanding global mobile
market. This Game Designer will generate innovative ideas based on a deep
understanding of proven models, as well as developing new and original ones.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
game audiences on mobile and/or social platforms, and is well acquainted
with monetization strategies for "free to play" and “premium/paid” games.
The mobile game designer is incredibly creative and able to invent cutting-
edge games that align with the company strategy, in addition to having the
wherewithal and expertise to partner with a top-notch engineering team to
build and deliver high quality, fun, intuitive, and immersive next-gen mobile
games. The game designer is responsible for generating detailed game design
documents, tuning and balancing game systems and economies, developing
on-going content and owning the user experience for a product. An important
part of the role is partnering with the development team from ideation through
definition and release. A strong technical or design background is highly desired.
The right candidate is expected to proactively create, manage and coordinate
the implementation of game designs with a focus on player enjoyment, growth
dynamics, monetization and overall quality.
● Collaborate with artists and engineers to deliver unique, innovative and
engaging gameplay experiences
● Core mechanics
● Deep monetization
● Effective and retentive social features
● Comprehensively model all game systems
● Game pacing and balancing
● Develop and implement design solutions and improvements to the game
based on feedback from QA, consumer insights, user testing, business
intelligence and others.
● Analyze live game data to tune and balance game economies
● Remaining current on industry trends, game design techniques.
● Creating mock-ups of gameplay mechanics, menus and user interface.
● Work with the production team throughout the development & lifecycle of a
● Professional experience in a designer role, including at least one shipped
free-to-play commercially successful title as the leader of a game design
● Success with free-to-play business model and monetization mechanics
● Mobile, Social and/or MMO experience
● Creative problem-solving ability
● The ability to productively discuss ideas and decisions in a wide variety of
● An in-depth understanding of how gameplay works, established game
mechanics and how to create fun, meaningful experiences for the player.
● Willing and able to design within technical and other constraints.
● Passion for games and the ability to articulate that passion
● BA/BS degree+ in related field or equivalent training preferred.
● Programming or Scripting language experience.
● Familiarity with C++ and JAVA.
● Experience with core platform development on iOS and Android.
● Knowledge of location based services, computer vision and/or augmented
● RPG, RTS, MOBA and/or strategy genre experience a plus
● Prototyping skills
● Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
● Disciplined, self-managed and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
● Strong organizational skills, superior communication skills and excellent
writing skills are a must.
● Enthusiastic, outgoing, responsible, proactive
● Flexible team player who enjoys managing multiple projects.
● Able to listen to, give and implement constructive criticism.
● Communicates effectively with teammates and stakeholders
● Start-up mentality with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude towards getting
● Creative solution creator - thinks “out of the box”
|Location||Menlo Park, CA, 94025, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Programmer / Engineer, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|