Gameplay / AI Software Engineer
Zindagi Games | Camarillo CA 93012 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/12/2013
ZINDAGI GAMES IS NOW HIRING!
We have SEVERAL positions open!
We are looking for exceptionally talented, team-oriented people with that creative force to join our team. If you have the qualifications and experience, we want to hear from you!
The Playstation Move is among the most exciting developments in gaming over the past 2 years, and Zindagi is one of the driving forces behind it. Working as a 2nd party studio, we’ve collaborated directly with Sony on the Move tech since its inception all the way through R&D and production. The result is that Zindagi is the top selling Move developer in the world, selling millions of units along the way.
2013 will be a big year for Zindagi. With projects ranging from mobile to nex-gen console, we are looking for extremely talented performers to join our team!
Zindagi Games is located in Camarillo, California... just minutes from the ocean- midway between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara.
The word Zindagi literally means 'LIFE' and a better life is what we hope to provide. Good employers care about their employees at work. GREAT employers care about their employees, period. Every employee at Zindagi Games has a say, both in the game and how the company is run. Our philosophy is simple: treat people the way we want to be treated.
To demonstrate this ideal, let's start with every other Friday off! We work what's called a 9/80 work-week. This means that we will work 9 hours Monday -Thursday, then 8 hours on one Friday, and the other Friday we are off. In the end its still 40 hours per week, but working this schedule will allow you to have more concentrated time with family and friends.
We also offer 3 weeks a year of PTO (Personal Time Off) and a holiday shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day. And that's in addition to every other Friday off and the standard holidays. When you add it all up, that's over 2.5 months off per year that you are away from work.
Best of all, we offer excellent benefits: medical, dental, vision, and life, as well as a 401k plan with matching dollars and no vesting period.
• Work closely with the design team to create fun and engaging game mechanics
• Flesh out, expand and implement game designs
• Work closely with animators to create believable characters
• Create fun and challenging NPC AI
• Create clean, efficient, and well tested code
• Own a piece of a game and make sure it is great
• Conduct user focus testing, identify problems and find solutions
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
• Strong understanding of character animation techniques
• Strong understanding of A.I. techniques
• Strong understanding of game design principles
• Strong math and physics background
• A deep and abiding love of programming
• Self motivated, independent worker
• At least 1 published title
• Expertise in C and C++ programming languages
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to provide and receive criticism in an open environment
• B.S. in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or equivalent work experience
• Understanding of procedural, object oriented, and multi-threaded programming techniques
• Motion control programming experience
• Experience Scripting in LUA
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Camarillo, CA, 93012, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Console / PC Games|
|Contact Name||Cathy Zavala|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|