Mastering Lab Technician
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group | Burbank CA 91505 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/12/2013
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks a Mastering Lab Technician for the Production Support department. The Mastering Lab Technician is the main point of contact for all of WBIE in the creation and distribution of builds, discs and other media that may be required. A customer service oriented position, the Burn Lab Technician fulfills time-sensitive requests such as creating watermarked discs for PR or uploading builds to development kits. They have the ability to smoke test and troubleshoot any potential problems. Additional tasks may include mass labeling and archiving.
• Monitors build requests and creates all necessary builds to the exact details of the Build Request ensuring that the appropriate Anti-Piracy policies are followed. Interfaces with internal WBIE departments to ensure requests are completed as specified and in a timely manner.
• Ensures the quality of each build and that specifications are met by performing smoke tests on the appropriate hardware prior to shipping. Troubleshoots any problems that could potentially arise and communicates issues to the appropriate stakeholder
• Prepares and ships all requests as dictated in the Build Request workflow (overnight courier, via Aspera, etc.) Communicates with the recipient to ensure delivery.
• Participates in additional projects requested to facilitate improvements to processes and/or infrastructure.
• Assists in development equipment set-ups including SDK/XDK updates.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 2-year degree or High School Diploma and equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience in the video game industry preferred.
• Video game development experience a plus.
• Basic knowledge of CD/DVD authoring techniques,
• Prior job capacities that would either lead to an aptitude for quick understanding of how first parties work or direct prior knowledge would be preferred.
• Experience with adhering to Anti-Piracy policies or detailed document retention policies a plus.
• Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
• Fine attention to detail and quality of work.
• Solid problem solving and root cause analysis skill.
• Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
• Proven ability to quickly learn new systems/technologies.
• Familiarity with development and consumer audio/video system setup and operation.
• Ability to work proactively without direct supervision.
• Understanding of SDK/XDK updates and their impacts at the software level.
• Understanding of first party account management.
• IT knowledge, specifically an understanding networking principles like UDP/TCP fundamentals.
• Understanding of overall network configuration and its impact on first party and third party services
• Self-Motivated: Staying productive while waiting for jobs to complete.
• Customer Oriented.
• Comfortable with the potential of working weekends and nights.
• Gamer – available for playtesting and MP sessions if needed.
• Ability to lift/move PC hardware and console development equipment.
• Capable of using hand tools to perform basic mechanical tasks.
If interested in this position, please apply online at:
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Burbank, CA, 91505, United States|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT, OTHER, QA / Tester|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|