Tech Lead, Mobile Games
Nickelodeon Games Group | Glendale CA 91203 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/08/2013
Nickelodeon Games Group is a Viacom Media Networks company.
Mobile Games Technology Lead
This position is a senior member of the Nickelodeon Games Group technology team. This role leads technology for several concurrent mobile game projects developed both internally and externally through vendors, and works closely with the publishing and productions groups to select appropriate vendors for a given game project, and provides oversight during development and into live operations.
Expert knowledge around iOS and Android mobile game development is required, including supporting technologies such as analytics, cross promotions, and notifications.
• Participate in RFP process and vendor selection by evaluating technical risks in the proposal and vendor capabilities.
• Provide oversight during game development including approving Technical
• Design Documentation by the vendor, and evaluating milestone submissions.
• Act as primary liason to the Central Services (GDM) tech group, coordinating on changing shared technology needs and best practices.
• Ensure games meet high standards for smooth performance, stability, privacy, and security.
• Ensure games follow best practices (e.g.: analytics, crash report analysis, continuous builds)
• 4+ years experience as senior contributor in game development and/or game infrastructure
• Shipped or run live mobile games (games with server/DB backend is a plus)
• Experience developing native applications on one or more mobile platforms
• Expertise with UI development on mobile and emerging platforms
• In-depth knowledge of the full technology suite for mobile platforms (e.g., Objective-C, Xcode, and the iPhone SDK for iPhone; Java, Eclipse, and the Android SDK for Android)
• Working knowledge of standard user interface practices for the applicable platform
• Experience with XML and JSON feeds and developing web services for the mobile environment highly desirable
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required
• Experience working with cross functional team including artists and designers
• Experience with Social APIs (Facebook, Game Center)
• Demonstrated ability to interact with external and internal customers, vendors, and senior management
• Strong technical background in LAMP architecture, open-source technology protocols and languages, multi-tier distributed systems and effective technical project delivery experience is necessary to succeed in this role.
• Expertise in Profiling, along with performance experience (memory leaks, performance analysis)
• Familiarity with High Availability concepts, DB and server replication, fault detection
• Database (RDBMS, Document-based) knowledge including queries, updates, and scaling issues
• Familiar with security issues (use SSL, types of attacks/man in the middle, SQL-injection)
• Experience with Nagios or other monitoring systems
• Network protocols (HTTP, REST), programming and debugging
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Glendale, CA, 91203, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Platforms||Mac OS X,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Mia Burgess|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|