Platform/Server Software Engineer
Wargaming.net | Hunt Valley MD 21152 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/06/2013
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher and one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO market. Founded as a privately held company in 1998, Wargaming has shipped more than 15 titles and employs over 1300 people across such key regions as North America, Europe, Russia, Asia, and Australia.
We have an opportunity for a Platform/Server Software Engineer to work within a development team that can own, manage and direct the development of major code components or game systems. The successful applicant will be responsible for identifying bottlenecks in the software development process and implementing technical solutions to resolve those bottlenecks. Specific duties will vary depending on the skill-set of the successful applicant.
- Coding, debugging and management of critical game systems.
- Manage build system architecture and build deployment methods to team and publisher.
- Provide documentation support for milestones and technical documents.
- Assist team leads with engineering task specifications and scheduling
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Experience with build systems, tool development and content pipelines.
- Deep knowledge of C++ and STL. Solid software engineering and debugging skills.
- Ability to write robust, maintainable code.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Engineering or relative degree.
- Experience with Python and Lua is a plus.
- Strong communications skills.
- A strong desire to create world-class games.
|Location||Hunt Valley, MD, 21152, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|