Senior Software Engineer (s), Game Server
DeNA Co., Ltd | San Francisco CA 94107 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/06/2013
The server engineers we're looking for have a passion for building scalable, performant, maintainable, and beautiful code in a variety of programming languages in a production environment. Our engineers take games from concept to live deployment and play a key role at every stage.
As a member of the engineering team at DeNA your responsibilities will include:
• Working with a small team of engineers, artists and producers to build compelling mobile video games of consequence.
• Bringing game features to life from the concept stage to live deployment.
• Broad technical ownership and oversight of the service portion of one or more of our games.
• Constant testing, monitoring and tuning to keep our game services performant and available.
• Contribute ideas and technology to a community of like-minded engineers.
Things we expect from our Senior Server Engineers:
• A deep understanding of and passion for computers and computer programming.
• Extensive knowledge of databases of all kinds, with different ways of hooking them up to applications, and with database tools.
• Strong understanding of computer networking and proven experience working with live distributed applications.
• A strong foundation in Unix/Linux including the ability to diagnose and solve common problems.
• Familiarity with the challenges involved in scaling applications from a single machine to a large deployment.
• A commitment to writing testable code and accompanying tests.
Nice to have:
• Experience with NoSQL databases (we use MongoDB and others).
• Experience working with virtualized computing environments like Amazon’s AWS.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94107, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Programmer / Engineer, Social / Online Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||JHall-Game Server|