TimeGate Studios | Sugar Land TX 77478 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/05/2013
We’re seeking creative, fun, and highly talented individuals to join us for work on multiple current and next generation projects. Located just an hour from the ocean, and mere minutes away from downtown Houston, Sugar Land is able to offer the perfect mixture of big-city amenities and small town charm. TimeGate Studios offers competitive salaries, full benefits, 401k, relocation assistance, and monthly company events.
For additional information regarding open positions or our current projects, please visit us on the web at www.timegate.com.
The Engine Programmer is responsible for working close to the hardware level of a multi-platform title (PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3), focusing on graphics, performance, memory, stability, audio, as well as any engine features that may be necessary for the product’s requirements.
• Architect, program, and debug high quality code
• Maintain a stable and efficient data-driven programming framework with other developers.
• Enhance and extend graphics for a next generation game.
• Support features on different hardware platforms – including graphics, streaming and audio
• Optimize the engine for different hardware platforms – including threading, memory management, data streaming, and general optimization.
• Support core engine features – including networking, physics, particles, and animation.
• Adhere to internal development policy and enforce good software practices.
• Account for risk factors and plan for risk mitigation.
• Strong Math background.
• Extensive experience with 3D Graphics APIs.
• At least six years of experience in C++ programming and assembly level programming.
• Experience in shader languages.
• Must have excellent object-oriented design and analysis skills.
• Must have excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Previous work with Unreal Engine 3.
• Windows XP/Vista development experience.
• Next-gen Console development experience (PS3 or XBox 360).
• Experience with audio programming.
• Experience with PS3 SPU programming.
• Strong Computer Science background: data-driven systems, algorithms, etc...
• Experience playing a variety of games (particularly FPS).
• Aggressive and motivated team player.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related degree.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Sugar Land, TX, 77478, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Online Multiplayer,Windows|
|Contact Name||Aaran Pate|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|