Sr Game Designer
Booyah | San Francisco CA 94107 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/31/2013
By integrating real-world signals into its portfolio of products, Booyah is more than a games company. Booyah is literally changing how people play and delivering more personal, more social and more meaningful ways for gamers of all ages to play and interact with their friends and the world around them.
Booyah has partnered with leading consumer brands including H&M, Pantene, Olay, Paul Frank, Disney, Subway, Adidas, MTV, and others to connect engaged gamers with the products they love.
The company draws its creativity and inspiration from the mobile, consumer web, social, and traditional gaming space with a leadership team drawn from the world’s top interactive companies including Electronic Arts, Blizzard Entertainment, Glu Mobile, Crowdstar, LucasArts, Zynga, Kabam and Insomniac Games. Booyah is financed by Accel Partners and Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers’ iFund.
Booyah is seeking an experienced game designer with a proven track-record in the Mobile/Social space and a passion for play & innovation. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, is capable of making strong creative contributions in a highly collaborative environment & brings a unique – as well as mature, critical & analytical – perspective from their past experience to make our games better.
• Produce core game designs, design documentation, balance sheets, etc.
• Partner effectively with Leads to bring his/her vision to life in software including feature definition & specification, thematic exploration & IP development, social & viral loops, copy, etc.
• Work closely with Booyah’s monetization & analytics teams, design & optimize user flows, core loops, game balancing/pacing for live games as well as develop new features to deliver creative & commercial goals
• Collaborate with Leads & Product Managers to structure & execute user testing; assimilate consumer feedback into designs to better align products against strategic goals & customer expectations
• Serve as an in-house expert on game design, current with game design trends, market development / patterns and customer requirements
• Work collaboratively to ideate new game concepts & flesh out preliminary designs for Greenlight pipeline
• A passion for making and playing video games and the drive to create Mobile/Social games that millions of people will love
• 3-4+ years game design experience and at least 1 year of specific experience in the Mobile/Social space
• Proven aptitude designing & launching top-performing iOS or Facebook games with designer credit on at least 1 shipped product
• In-depth knowledge of & demonstrable expertise with Freemium games & monetization features including virtual item sales, “energy,” “wither” and “appointment” mechanics; and other in-game monetization/economy concepts.
• Broad-based familiarity with modalities of interactive entertainment, game design principles & mechanics including “compulsion loops,” progression, economy balancing, character customization, level design, game tuning/balancing, etc.
• Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced creative environment
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94107, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Sr Ga|