Senior Game Developer
JumpStart | Torrance CA 90501 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/31/2013
• Accomplished CEO, David Lord took position in 2008, and has led a successful pivot from retail to online/mobile games company over the past 4 years.
• A new strategic alliance with DreamWorks Animation will license globally recognized brands/titles for JumpStart to build games around.
• Significant sales, $20M+ in 2012.
• Over 20 million customers and quickly becoming a leader in education and mobile gaming.
• 130 employees+: 40+ in Los Angeles and 90+ in India.
• International reach (translated into 4 languages, and adding more).
JumpStart is looking for a superb Senior Game Developer responsible for creating and maintaining core game systems. The role will lead new and exciting projects thru design and implementation. The position will work with other game developers to maintain high quality code following desired coding standards. This involves working closely with all members of the team from producers to artists to marketing. This is an exciting position with the opportunity to create learning/educational yet fun games for kids!
• Create and maintain core game systems across mobile and online games.
• Work with Production and other groups to help in game design.
• Lead projects and consistently deliver within deadlines.
• Create tasks and milestones for other developers and lead by example.
• Work closely with other project members, providing technical expertise and guidance as appropriate.
• Work with developers to create and maintain high quality code across the engineering organization.
• Test and troubleshoot games in development, QA, staging and production environments.
• Serve as the final point of escalation for complex issues.
• Always open to helping the team with various other technical tasks as appropriate.
• EDUCATION: BS degree in Computer Science or Math/Physics (equivalent work experience considered).
• EXPERIENCE: 6+ years of progressive experience in game development, ideally with 2+ years of Unity with C#.
• Possess considerable experience in MMOs and multiplayer games, with a solid understanding of the networking
and performance issues and tradeoffs with high volume server side MMO development.
• Hands-on experience in iOS and Android development with at least one title in production.
• Have a thorough understanding of the development lifecycle of mobile and online games.
• Very experienced in an agile development environment, with a strong understanding of objected oriented design
and programming concepts.
• Able to troubleshoot at an expert level.
• Competent and effective at working with offshore teams under tight deadlines.
• Previous experience in educational games and/or MMO a huge plus!
• Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
• Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
• Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
• Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
• Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a 'get things done' attitude.
• Detailed oriented persona, who is very meticulous about their work.
• Passionate about gaming, online gaming or education/trivia games!
• A sunny personality, a good sense of humor but above all, ethical, fair and of high integrity.
• We offer a competitive compensation + equity/stock options + full benefits (medical/dental/vision/life).
• Fully stocked kitchen.
• Centrally located in Torrance.
• Be part of a fun, fast-paced and collaborative team focused on building games that educate and entertain today’s youth.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Torrance, CA, 90501, United States|
|Annual Salary||100.00 - 130.00/Yearly|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games|
|Contact Name||Yong Park|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|