Goblinworks | Redmond WA 98052 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/18/2013
We are based in the Seattle suburb of Redmond. We commenced operations in mid-2012. We're growing, and we'll employ about 30 people by the end of 2013, doubling in 2014.
Our goal is to create a next-generation sandbox MMO that will focus on controlled growth and a very long customer lifecycle. We're not trying to beat World of Warcraft or make a billion dollars a year. We want to create a customer-centric business that is built to last.
We are seeking talented individuals with a can-do spirit, the kind of people who can see the vision and figure out the best way to get there, while building a strong team and a great company. MMOs are the hardest form of computer game to build and we know it. For that reason we're particularly interested in applicants who have worked on an MMO that was actually shipped and operated as a live game.
Candidate should be able to show prior work on game systems used by game designers to create an exciting and fun in-game player experience.
What are my new job responsibilities?
* Implement game systems based on specification provided by game design team that will minimize latency in large (multiple hundred player) servers
* Create authoring tools to enable the rapid prototyping and deployment of game objects for these game systems
* Recommend middleware to implement those systems
* Document, create, manage, and deliver a pipeline of game features
What are my new job requirements?
* Prior experience implementing gameplay systems for multiplayer games
* High degree of experience with C, C++
* Ability to clearly communicate needs and processes to game designers
What would set me apart from other candidates?
* Experience with UNITY
* Prior experience working on an MMO operating in a live environment in the past 5 years
* Previous work on developing a massive gameplay systems targeting hundreds (or thousands) of player and NPC combatants
What's in it for me?
A chance to get hired for a full time ongoing position with an exciting startup
Get your work seen quickly - we're on a very, very fast timeline to launch!
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Redmond, WA, 98052, United States|
|Annual Salary||65,000.00 - 65,000.00/Yearly|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Ryan Dancey|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|