Senior Online Developer
Gameloft - New Orleans | New Orleans LA 70130 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/17/2013
• 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance for every guru
• Casual atmosphere, sweet gaming break area, 10 holidays and 20 vacation days help you maintain and recharge your powers.
• Top quality colleagues inspire you to attain your maximum realization of self.
• 401(k) with a match and relocation bonuses are available. Because gurus think ahead.
Our mantra? Your talent, our legacy, unstoppable.
Gameloft, international publisher and developer of video games, is seeking an energetic Senior Online Developer to help create the next generation of exciting new mobile online video games! Previous hit Gameloft games on iPhone include Oregon Trail, Hero of Sparta, NOVA, Avatar, Dungeon Hunter, NFL 2010, Real Soccer 2010, New York Nights, Assassin’s Creed, Terminator Salvation, Asphalt, Let’s Golf, and Gangstar, just a few of the 600+ games that Gameloft has created since its inception.
The Senior Online Developer will work closely with Online Lead and design teams to develop the network portion of our games currently in development. He or she will create and deploy the server architecture, assist the gameplay developers and engineers in coding the game applications on the server side, suggest best practices to offer players a high quality network experience (optimize client/server exchanges and reduce latency), perform client/server programming, produce and maintain relevant documentation, and pitch in with implementing gameplay features.
This position is based in the creative and inspiring city of New Orleans, an international metropolis built on entertainment and opportunity, and offers:
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent cost of living and area growth
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual atmosphere
- International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
If you're ready to take it to the next level in your career, don't miss this opportunity to be part of the next big thing in mobile games!
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
* Experience in programming network games from simple client/server applications to current or previously operating MMORPGs
* Experience in audio/video feed streaming
* Excellent programming skills in C/C++/PHP/mySQL
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science specializing in computer networks and multimedia communications strongly preferred
* Excellent socket programming skills (UDP/TCP)
* Interest or experience in gameplay implementation
* Motivated by and passionate about video games!
All qualified applicants will be required to take a skills assessment.
|Location||New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Social / Online Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Pref Degree||Some College|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Juliette Dupré|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|