Game Balancer (m/f)
Goodgame Studios | Hamburg Hamburg 22761 DEU | Full Time | Posted: 01/18/2013
We also want to maintain our strong growth - so we’re looking for entrepreneurial personalities who really want to make things happen. Become part of our success story - apply now!
As Game Balancer, you will be the person responsible for the mathematical side of game design. You are responsible for the correct balance in our online games, enabling lasting gaming enjoyment by means of calculations. This position is for game designers with an affinity for numbers and for mathematicians who love games and who have experience in the online gaming sector.
- Conception of online games in terms of balancing aspects
- Specifying and continuously improving game flow
- Preparation of detailed and concise Excel documents
- Competition analyses and presentation of feature proposals
- Experience in the game development process
- Good mathematical and - in particular - analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and Visual Basic is a plus
- Basic knowledge of relevant game mechanics
- A strong Internet affinity and enthusiasm for online games
- Willingness to work intensively, both independently and in a team
- Targeted creativity and thought processes - and a high level of quality awareness
- Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written
- A valid work and residence permit is required prior to commencement of employment.
- An exciting, demanding job with fresh challenges to face every day
- Top development possibilities, further education including reference books, further training in-house and language courses
- A dynamic, success-hungry team with friendly, highly qualified colleagues
- An outstanding working atmosphere, flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Flexible working hours and childcare places available — right on the company premises
- Subsidization of bus/train tickets or parking
- Regular team events and many benefits, such as a swimming pool, sports facilities, fresh fruit, many different types of muesli and free drinks
Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and provides a fantastic range of leisure activities as well as a great nightlife. A maritime atmosphere and its Hanseatic cosmopolitan flair enable an especially high quality of life – and safety. We will make relocating simple, help you find a flat, offer you a German course, and make it easy for you to get to know your new home town.
If you do not want to miss this opportunity, send your complete application with salary expectations in a PDF file to email@example.com. Please include the keyword “Game Balancer” and the source details.
Find out more at www.goodgamestudios.com/jobs
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany|
|Categories||Business Development / Analyst / Legal, Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Social / Online Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Hendrik Mainka|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|