Senior Graphics Developer
Gameloft - New Orleans | New Orleans LA 70130 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/13/2013
• 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance for every guru
• Casual atmosphere, sweet gaming break area, 10 holidays and 20 vacation days help you maintain and recharge your powers.
• Top quality colleagues inspire you to attain your maximum realization of self.
• 401(k) with a match and relocation bonuses are available. Because gurus think ahead.
Our mantra? Your talent, our legacy, unstoppable.
Mobile games dominator Gameloft, worldwide publisher of mobile and social games, is looking for an articulate and technically advanced Senior Graphics Developer. This engineer will assume the role of right-hand lieutenant to our Lead Developer creating the next generation of exciting new iOS video games! Previous hit Gameloft games on iPhone include Oregon Trail, Hero of Sparta I & II, NOVA, Avatar, Dungeon Hunter, NFL 2010, Real Soccer 2010, New York Nights, Assassin’s Creed, Terminator Salvation, Asphalt 5, Let’s Golf, Gangstar 1 &2, just a few of the 600+ games that Gameloft has created since its inception.
This position is based in the creative and inspiring city of New Orleans, an international metropolis built on entertainment and opportunity, and offers:
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent cost of living and area growth
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual atmosphere
- International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
If you're ready to take it to the next level in your career, don't miss this opportunity to be part of the next big thing in mobile games!
This Senior Graphics Developer will program in all relevant technical languages (Obj-C, C/C++, OpenGL/OpenGL ES), write shaders to add higher quality effects to existing games, optimize 3D rendering to reach best possible FPS, adapt graphical methods to different platforms to get the best performance, and analyze existing games for ways to improve graphics quality. He or she will also act as back-up Lead Developer as second-in-command to the Lead Developer position on the team.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional programming experience with emphasis on C/C++
- Advanced skill in 3D graphics programming for games, preferably with OpenGL ES
- Advanced skill in 3D rendering algorithms 3D math
- Experience in writing shaders
- Experience with 3D Studio Max
- Ability to optimize code (memory/speed) to maximize the capabilities of each platform
- Able to work alone or as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal articulation with an ability to communicate as a leader
- Sense of humor
- Passion for creating video games!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering a plus
- iOS development experience
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.
|Location||New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Social / Online Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Pref Degree||Some College|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Juliette Dupré|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|