Warner Bros. Entertainment Group | Burbank CA 91505 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/11/2013
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks a Submissions Specialist for the Physical Distribution department.
• Work closely with Producers to facilitate and manage all game code submission schedules to first party publishers (N. America & Europe) for approval of WBIE titles.
• Manage the submission process for each assigned version by ensuring that day-to-day submission tasks are completed in a timely manner and to WBIE’s quality standards. This includes submitting all physical and digital game codes to all first parties globally (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo).
• Create and build game code files and prepare documents on behalf on Production/Development, includes physical code, digital codes, patches, title updates, themes, avatars, dynamic themes, avatars, etc.
• Work closely with Production, Development and QA to define and establish best practices to reduce the timeframe from submission to game code approval.
• Work directly with WBIE Manager of First Party Operations on game release schedules to determine optimal operations dates to meet street dates for WBIE published titles, this also includes communication with EMEA Operations team.
• Track and oversee submission policy changes and updates with all global first parties on a regular basis and communicate items to U.S. & EMEA Operations teams, production and WBIE QA.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four year college or technical school;
• or two to four years of video game, multimedia or software industry experience;
• or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with console video game platforms including master disk standards, creation, and the disk submission process.
• Some experience or working knowledge with Digital submissions with First Parties.
• Prior position in video game related company required.
• Prior QA experience useful.
• Knowledge of interactive software market/entertainment industry required.
• A working knowledge of what metadata is and its usage.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project software programs required.
• Be able to handle pressure, meet demands and handle stressful situations.
• Clear understanding and demonstrated working application of game production operations required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have excellent organizational skills.
• Be extremely detailed oriented.
• Knowledge of basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage
• Must have excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
• Must be a team player and willing to pitch in whenever needed.
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-pace environment and to prioritize work to meet specific deadlines required.
• Must be self-motivated & results oriented.
• Positive, pleasant and outgoing personality. An individual who wants to be a key part of our team.
• Must be able to handle confidential and sensitive information. Keep each production & payment schedule confidential at all times from any outside parties.
• Must be trustworthy.
If interested in this position, please apply online at:
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Burbank, CA, 91505, United States|
|Categories||Producer / Director / Project Manager, OTHER, QA / Tester|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|