Visual Effect Artist
Ubisoft Singapore | Singapore SGP | Full Time | Posted: 01/10/2013
In the short span of four years, the full-fledged development studio has already been involved in the production of some major titles such as Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Assassin’s Creed 2, Assassin’s Creed 3, Ghost Recon Online, Prince of Persia : the Forgotten Sands and created independently Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled on Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network.
With the focus of creating and developing new high-profile AAA game titles, the expansion of the studio is expected to be rapid as it strives towards its goal of becoming 300-people strong in the years to come.
The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for the design and implementation of Visual Effects for our next AAA project. The candidate will have a passion for making games, strong artistic skills, and an understanding of the technical constraints working within the game environment.
• Create and optimise particle effects including: natural phenomena such as rain or wind, explosions, destruction, smoke, and fire.
• Create and iteratively develop game assets including geometry, full screen, and surface shader effects from inception to final review on the target hardware within the game engine.
• Follow concept art, story boards, written descriptions, and scripts to prototype and implement FX in game.
• Work closely with fellow artists, effects system programmers and game designers.
• Work closely and with direction Creative Leadership to create high quality visual effects.
• Any other ad-hoc duties, if necessary
• Strong artistic skills and understanding Traditional Art and Animation principles
• Ability to create fully optimized and hyper realistic in-game VFX for a wide range of system requirements
• Advanced knowledge of most game development tools and ability to master proprietary tools and development processes
• Ability to work successfully in a large team of other artists, programmers, and game designers
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Strong work ethic, self-direction and artistic vision
• Please provide a reel with effects examples and coding samples from previous tool development with your application
• Please be prepared to take a basic Tech Art evaluation exam
Please send your applications to Singapore@ubisoft.com.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Categories||Art / Animation, Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Console / PC Games|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|