Technical Director, Level Design
Ubisoft Singapore | Singapore SGP | Full Time | Posted: 01/10/2013
In the short span of four years, the full-fledged development studio has already been involved in the production of some major titles such as Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Assassin’s Creed 2, Assassin’s Creed 3, Ghost Recon Online, Prince of Persia : the Forgotten Sands and created independently Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled on Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network.
With the focus of creating and developing new high-profile AAA game titles, the expansion of the studio is expected to be rapid as it strives towards its goal of becoming 300-people strong in the years to come.
• Develop technical guidelines for map design (best practices)
• Establish the procedure for creating maps
• Assist the lead level designer as technical coach
• Monitor and evaluate maps and provide technical coaching for level designers
• Perform feasibility tests, optimize maps and test the character AI.
• Relevant experience in working on AAA titles
• Excellent technical knowledge of editors and good understanding of script languages
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
• Ability to work under pressure with pre-established constraints
• Leadership skills and the ability to work within a team
• Excellent organization skills and ability to structure one’s own work and that of the team
• Software and editor skills (perfect command of Unreal tools an asset, along with advanced knowledge of 3Dmax)
• Very artistic and creative
• A passion for video games as well as significant in-depth knowledge of the field
• Availability and flexibility in terms of work hours
Please do not forget to send us your portfolio along with your resume. Applications without portfolio will not be considered. Please send your applications to Singapore@ubisoft.com.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Producer / Director / Project Manager, Console / PC Games|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|