Tripwire Interactive LLC | Roswell GA 30075 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/09/2013
As an independent studio and publisher, Tripwire Interactive is able to develop the games that they want, on their own schedule. Want to develop games in a professional yet non-corporate environment where every team member’s input matters? Then Tripwire Interactive is the studio for you. Based in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta, Tripwire is in the perfect area for those that enjoy sunny weather and a relatively low cost of living.
Tripwire Interactive is currently looking for a Level Designer to join the team behind the hit Killing Floor and Red Orchestra series. The Level Designer will have both the technical expertise and gameplay understanding to create more of the levels that have made our games so successful. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience creating levels for first person shooters. Do you have the skills, experience and ability we're looking for? If you do apply now and help us take our games to the next level!
• Design and build levels for multiplayer gameplay
• Build levels from the ground up using the Unreal Engine
• Work with design, art and programming to achieve specific goals
• Analyze and critique all designs in the game and give feedback on how to improve them
• Participate and observe in playtests and gather feedback
• Use feedback to make refinements to designs
• 3+ years experience in Level Design
• Must work well in a team spanning artists, programmers, and designers
• Must have shipped at least 1 title as a Level Designer
• Working knowledge of a professional level design tool
• Understanding of multiplayer and first person shooter gameplay
Preference to applicants with:
• 5+ years applicable games industry experience
• Ability to use basic programming or scripting tools
• Ability to use Max or Modo modeling tools
• Single player or RPG experience
• Unreal Engine 3 experience
Tripwire Interactive offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package (401K, health care, quarterly profit share) and a professional but non-corporate environment. This position is full-time onsite at our studio in Roswell, GA. Please submit your cover letter with resume, salary requirements and a portfolio showing screenshots, gameplay videos or any other format that demonstrates your work to email@example.com. Playable examples of levels are optional. All examples of work should include descriptions of the work you contributed.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Roswell, GA, 30075, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Xbox 360,Online Multiplayer,Linux / UNIX,Mac OS X,Windows|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|