Tripwire Interactive LLC | Roswell GA 30075 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/10/2013
As an independent studio and publisher, Tripwire Interactive is able to develop the games that they want, on their own schedule. Want to develop games in a professional yet non-corporate environment where every team member’s input matters? Then Tripwire Interactive is the studio for you. Based in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta, Tripwire is in the perfect area for those that enjoy sunny weather and a relatively low cost of living.
• Develop a technological strategy to not only meet the goals of each game design but also to grow the technological capabilities of the engineering department based on the company's vision
• Research, investigate, and evaluate technology and middleware solutions, providing recommendations to project leadership
• Provide high level planning support and management to the engineering team while working with the Lead Programmer and other leads to ensure goals and deadlines are met
• Provide ongoing monitoring, recommendations, and feedback on project milestones as delivered
• Develop technical constraints and specifications to ensure target performance on each platform is achieved and work with each department continually to ensure those targets are reached.
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the engineering team
• Perform hands on programming ranging from R&D to implementing features and systems within their area of expertise.
• Develop plans for growing the abilities and effectiveness of the individual programmers
• Support project teams day to day, helping to identify technical risks and issues and provide solutions
• Identify internal and external dependencies and manage necessary outside support
• Maintain communications with all team members, team leads and executive management, internally and externally
• Keep up to date with industry related technical developments and feed that knowledge back to the leadership team and throughout the company.
• Suggest and lead process improvement initiatives
• Oversee the technical design documentation process
• Oversee the hiring of programmers including participating in resume reviews, technical screens, and active recruiting.
• Oversee the creation of a streamlined and effective build creation process
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electronics, or other software engineering related qualification
• 5+ years of applicable games industry experience
• Mastery of C++ in a game development environment and experience with several other languages
• Extensive knowledge in a broad range of software engineering areas with a mastery in at least one area (AI, graphics, networking, physics, etc).
• Must have management and project planning experience at least at the Lead Programmer level or above for at least 1 shipped title
• Strong communication skills
• Minimum of 2 shipped products from beginning to end with technical credit
Preference to applicants with:
• 7+ years industry experience
• Masters degree in Computer Science or applicable field
• Multiplayer game development experience
• Unreal Engine 3 experience
• Shipped at least one title from beginning to end as Technical Director
Tripwire Interactive offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package (401K, health care, quarterly profit share) and a professional but non-corporate environment. This position is full-time onsite at our studio in Roswell, GA. Please submit your cover letter with resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Roswell, GA, 30075, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Xbox 360,Online Multiplayer,Linux / UNIX,Mac OS X,Windows|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|