Scopely | Los Angeles CA 90038-3443 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/09/2013
Scopely is a rapidly growing social mobile gaming startup founded by proven entrepreneurs and backed by distinguished investors. Our sunny Los Angeles office is fueled by an abundant supply of coconut water, coffee, and camaraderie -- with an irrepressible dash of mischief. In case you don’t live in LA or you’re not a US citizen, we consider relocation and/or visa costs to be a small price to pay for world-class talent.
Our game designers bleed creativity, demonstrating unparalleled talent for conceiving and creating engaging and addictive games. Your work will span the entire product cycle: generating brilliant new game ideas, working with engineers and artists to prototype concepts, testing their appeal with real users, tweaking their mechanics, shipping apps, and developing a vision for their evolution. This will be an opportunity to put your stamp on the future of social and mobile gaming.
We set the bar extremely high at Scopely, but that's the type of environment you crave. Your ambition to build something significant and lasting is exceeded only by your desire to be surrounded by coworkers who are equally relentless. If you are itching to be involved in a startup that's going places and where you can have a considerable impact, then you just might have found your calling at Scopely.
• Work closely with product managers, engineers and artists to design, prototype and develop new and compelling multiplayer mobile games
• Be a driving force for outstanding design, balance and game play
• Produce and maintain game specs that detail theme, tone, feature and flows
• Help plan a production roadmap for the game’s development
• Spec and implement game mechanics and achievements (quests, levels, puzzles, etc.)
• Keep your hands dirty via occasional implementation scripting
• Limitless passion for games and game design spanning console, mobile, social & indie
• 2-5 years of game design experience... a focus on casual, social and/or mobile is a plus
• Demonstrated proficiency with systems design, game tuning, content design, user experience design and design documentation
• Deep understanding of free-to-play monetization mechanics including game balancing and virtual economy management
• Ability to prototype your own game concepts
• Moderate level of programming and/or scripting experience (preferred)
• Experience with a modern game engine, preferably Unity
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, 90038-3443, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Dave Meall|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|