Schell Games | Pittsburgh PA 15203 USA | Full Time, Contract | Posted: 01/09/2013
Schell Games headquarters is located in the eclectic neighborhood that is Pittsburgh's South Side.
Schell Games is always on the lookout for the very best artists, programmers, designers, and producers to add to our growing team in Pittsburgh as we work on new and exciting projects.
Schell Games has an opening for a Systems Designer. The Systems Designer position requires a balance of gameplay design, aesthetics design, and technical knowledge.
The Systems Designer will be primarily responsible for:
• the design, prototyping and fostering of core gameplay systems, including player mechanics, world mechanics and/or AI;
• design of game systems and features that realize the vision of the client, the project director, and lead designer;
• Iterating, balancing, and adjusting gameplay elements such as AI, combat mechanics, character and NPC abilities ,collectibles, and player advancement based on feedback from the project lead, lead designer, QA, and play testing;
• prototyping new game content and game play mechanics;
• drafting, revising and providing feedback on internal design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation guides; and
• analyzing data and player feedback to continually optimize existing game experience.
The Systems Designer will need to understand and communicate technical requirements. Finally, the Level Designer must be able to formulate and participate in playtests with the core demographic, and the ability and willingness to iterate based on feedback.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
Credit on at least one shipped game title with a strong combat and/or platform focus.
Experience in platform and fighting games as a player or designer.
Experience designing combat related systems such as classes, combat, skills, etc.
Experience designing and implementing of game assets such as items, weapons, spells, or monsters.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Strong math and analytical skills.
Ability to take and apply direction.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel etc.).
|Location||Pittsburgh, PA, 15203, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Christopher Arnold|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|