Respawn Entertainment | San Fernando Valley CA 91411 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/08/2013
Respawn is developing a multi-platform video game for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. Its product will be based on new video game IP and will be funded through its publishing deal with Electronic Arts, one of the top publishers in the industry.
Founded in 2010, Respawn Entertainment is an independent video game development studio based in the San Fernando Valley of California that is focused on creating state-of-the-art gaming experiences for global audiences. The studio was formed by Jason West and Vince Zampella, former co-founders of Infinity Ward and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises.
Respawn is developing a multi-platform game that works on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. The game is based on new video game IP and is funded through its publishing deal with Electronic Arts, one of the top publishers in the industry.
An exceptionally talented and seasoned team, excellent studio culture, and opportunity to build a new IP await our future team members. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to establish a new IP with some of the best developers in the industry!
We're looking for a "Jack Of All Trades" IT Systems Administrator. You will have a wide range of responsibilities, with daily activities ranging from standard helpdesk support to extensive application infrastructure deployment. This is not an entry level position and will require a lot of self-guidance on day-to-day activities.
• Daily tech/helpdesk support for desktops, laptops, server hardware, network infrastructure, and game development hardware.
• Administer Microsoft Windows Server with various Roles (e.g. Active Directory, File Services, Print and Document Services, IIS, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
• Enforce company security policies (software updates, passwords, network, etc.)
• Research and recommend new hardware, software, and infrastructure purchases and upgrades.
• Install and support server and user hardware and software and operating systems.
• Perform daily system monitoring, ensuring the health and availability of network and server resources.
• Monitor and verify daily, weekly, and monthly backups. Perform data restores as necessary.
• Assist with all infrastructure upgrades, additions, and moves.
• Maintain up to date software, system upgrades, patches, etc.
• Assist the office administrative team when required with non-IT specific tasks.
• Install and configure A/V systems, including TVs, 5.1 audio systems, projectors, game consoles and development kits.
• Broad knowledge of common IT practices and procedures relating to system and network administration. Minimum of three years of professional experience.
• Experience with administration and deployment of Perforce (P4S, P4D, P4V) or similar versioning system.
• Ability to build, install, configure, and troubleshoot all types of computers, servers, and networked equipment.
• Deep knowledge with Windows (Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012) a must. Linux experience a plus.
• Extensive experience with troubleshooting a wide variety of end user and infrastructure issues relating to hardware, software, and networking.
• Experience with local and networked file systems and protocols (i.e. NFS, DFS, NTFS, iSCSI, etc.)
• Solid practical knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 Professional in an Active Directory environment.
• Attention to detail, time management skills, and the ability to work alone as well as collaboratively.
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
• Basic administrative scripting (Batch, PowerShell, Python, Perl, VB, etc.).
• A high level of confidentiality.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Passion for video games.
• Experience with Linux/BSD.
• Experience maintaining and developing PHP, MySQL, Perl, etc.
• Experience in the game industry.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Fernando Valley, CA, 91411, United States|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Kristin Christopher|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|