FuturLab | Brighton SE BN41 1HU GBR | Full Time | Posted: 01/07/2013
FuturLab is an award winning independent game studio based in Brighton. We are responsible for the critically acclaimed Velocity, and after successfully releasing 3 titles for PlayStation Mobile in 2012, we now have backing from PlayStation for several PlayStation Vita titles in 2013.
We pride ourselves on creating high quality, interesting and most importantly fun games! Our studio has been going from strength to strength and now we're looking for more talented people to join our team!
It's an exciting time for us - and it could be for you too!
Come and join the Futur!
The team behind the critically acclaimed Velocity is looking for a C++ programmer with industry experience!
1. Are you eager to work on exciting new IP?
2. Do you want to work on a proper gamer’s game?
3. Would you love to work in a small and friendly team, where your ideas are respected and embraced?
4. Do you want to be at the beginning of something exciting?
Then come and work with us!
We’re currently a small (yet expanding) and highly productive team with a number of new projects in development. We own the IP of all our games, which means we can make the best possible game with no publisher interference!
Our studio is fun and relaxed, and hardworking, plus it’s by the seaside!
About the job:
General Responsibilities include:
• Work with the Technical Director, department leads and other programmers to design the game code and contribute to technical design documents.
• Collaborate closely with designers to test and refine game play features during the development process.
• Ensure all code is produced to the required standard and all TRCs are followed.
• Be proud of your code and test thoroughly to ensure that there are no bugs.
• Work with the Producer to break out tasks into clear and manageable chunks.
• Report progress to Technical Director and inform them of any implementation issues promptly.
• Take pride in producing a kick-ass game!
Working under the Technical Director, you’ll need to tackle a wide variety of programming tasks with enthusiasm and positivity. It’s essential that you are passionate about games and care about creating high quality and fun experiences.
• Highly proficient in C++
• At least one shipped title under your belt.
• At least 3 years development experience.
• Network programming experience beneficial.
• Knowledge of Unity and/or C# a plus.
• A good understanding of current generation mobile and/or console platforms a plus.
• Ability to effectively itemise tasks and assign realistic time scales to them.
• Excellent communication skills with a friendly, helpful and positive demeanor.
• Working knowledge of Agile Development/Hansoft a plus.
If you have the skills, experience and passion for futuristic games then please get in touch as we’d love to hear from you! Please email your latest CV and a cover letter along with any examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re a small and friendly team and we’re about to grow. This is a great opportunity for someone to be involved right at the beginning of the next exciting chapter of our story.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme and duvet days. Please note that you must be able to demonstrate eligibility and a VALID WORKING VISA to work in the United Kingdom and be willing to relocate / commute to the Brighton area.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if you do not currently hold a UK work Visa.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Brighton, SE, United Kingdom|
|Annual Salary||25,000.00 - 29,000.00/Yearly|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Wii,Interactive TV,Windows,Mobile phone,PSP2|
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|