Senior Mobile Developer
Aristocrat Technologies Inc | Las Vegas NV 89119 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/04/2013
The Senior mobile developer will be responsible for creating Aristocrat mobile games that can be deployed onto iOS, Android and other mobile platforms. This role requires in depth development knowledge of mobile technologies and platforms and demands skill in optimization and design efficiency in a multi platform environment. This role plays an integral part in the execution of HTML5 and native game code deployment projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Full Software Lifecycle application development – designing, coding, debugging and documenting applications in various software languages at an expert level.
• Works closely with Flash and Java developers to ensure efficient production for all online and mobile game development
• Works closely with creative game design teams to manage and deliver efficient cost effective mobile implementations of Aristocrat’s creative vision.
• Fully aware of the mobile technology landscape and provides informed guidance on mobile technology and architectural decisions
• Developing new programs as well as modifies existing legacy programs to develop necessary changes to ensure the production of a quality product.
• Analyzes system specifications and translates system requirements to task specifications.
• Produces project estimates, schedules and completes projects on time within budget.
• Ensures adequate testing of software to ensure that logic and syntax are correct and that program results are accurate. This includes preparing test data, test procedures and documentation.
• Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems
• Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation, research and recommend software tools to management.
• May provide work direction, training, and assist in setting goals to lower–level programmers.
• Provide feedback regarding performance considerations and usability issues concerning software specifications and implementation.
• Conducts Software analysis including requirements analysis, software code reviews, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis.
• Responsible for communicating with other engineers and manufacturer's technical support staff regarding programming needs and performance.
• Responsible for utilizing tools and equipment involved in performance of essential functions of programming including measuring instruments and performance monitoring programs.
• Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD), ability to produce UML, Mind map, and Visio charts to convey elements of design.
• Software modeling and simulation.
* Competitive Salary
* Relocation package may be offered for qualified candidates
* The role will be based at Aristocrat’s corporate location in Las Vegas, NV.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or its equivalent.
Experience: Requires a minimum of five years of experience in object oriented software engineering role with a minimum 3 years working with Object oriented code for Mobile Devices.
• Minimum 5 Years of strong OOP: Flex, C++, C# or Java (J2SE).
• Minimum 3 years development with iOS or Android platforms
• Minimum 1yr HTML5
• Unity is also beneficial but not required
• Commercial experience delivering mobile products and games
• Must be able to demonstrate experience with coding in high level languages at an expert level and familiarity with Software Design Patterns required.
• Experience programming and debugging windows programs with Microsoft Visual Studio required.
• Experience with developing multi-threaded programs and debugging concurrency issues a must.
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
• Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies will be a plus.
• Prior experience in the gaming industry or previous work with Fixed-odds game calculations will be a plus.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, effective inter-personal skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Must be able to work independently and be team oriented.
This position may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
|Location||Las Vegas, NV, 89119, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Social / Online Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Mac OS X,Windows Mobile,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Derrick Coshow|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|