Flash ActionScript Games Developer
Aristocrat Technologies Inc | Las Vegas NV 89119 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/04/2013
Title: Flash ActionScript Games Developer
Qty: 2 (Senior & Mid level)
Location: Las Vegas, NV
The ActionScript Games Developer will be responsible for creating new Single Player (i.e. standalone) and Multiplayer (i.e. networked) games and maintaining the games within the existing catalogue. This includes information gathering with management and other departments to support company-wide creative objectives and providing creative leadership on issues relevant to technical design and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as support and point of contact for game studios’ art team.
• Work with Project Manager to produce project schedules and setting feature priorities.
• Advises game project teams regarding game artwork, media Files and style guidelines.
• Works Closely with the Software Architect and other support staff on the optimal design and layout of art and media project files across multiple projects.
• Produces prototypes and feature samples which may include the creation of new art , code scripts, and animation files.
• Communicates appropriate and suggested art pipelines and workflows, working in conjunction with the external development leads.
• Problem solves and researches internal technologies to aid external development issues.
• Works with programming and tools teams to develop tools/scripts/plugins to streamline art and development processes, workflows and pipelines.
• Participates in pre-production planning to determine and address technical design requirements and issues.
• Communicates with marketing team for periodic reviews and works to implement feedback with development team with minimal impact to schedule and budget.
• Trains external studio artists in the skills necessary to execute the art path efficiently for development use.
• Strives to maximize game production performance and predictability.
• Attends to additional production details upon request.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Art or its equivalent. Demo reel or Portfolio required.
• Requires commercial experience with ActionScript
• Object Oriented (OO) approach to programming
• Three or more years’ experience with producing and shipping gaming products or art for the web.
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
• A strong sense of visual style, with story development skills.
• Knowledge of good client interface design
• Understanding of movement and lighting.
• Proficiency in various modeling and animation software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Aftereffects.
• Extensive knowledge of platform constraints, understanding of software tools, and graphic production process.
• Extensive technical/analytical background and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates an extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate and work well with team members and other departments.
• Ability to produce development work in a timely manner with top quality craftsmanship.
• Ability to make and ship product to engineering specifications.
• Excellent design and storyboarding techniques.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Must be able to work independently and be team oriented.
* The role will be based at Aristocrat’s corporate location in Las Vegas, NV.
* Competitive Salary
* Relocation package may be offered for qualified candidates
This position may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
|Location||Las Vegas, NV, 89119, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Social / Online Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Derrick Coshow|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|