Technical Designer / Scripter
Fun Bits Interactive | Seattle WA 98104 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/14/2013
Fun Bits Interactive is based in Seattle, WA.
• Design, implement and maintain core game systems in support of project goals.
• Tune and polish controls, combat, AI and scripted encounters.
• Get hands-on with gameplay code, scripts and basic art to build effective prototypes.
• Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to implement shippable quality gameplay features for single player and multiplayer.
• Identify issues, and offer solutions related to gameplay and play balance.
• Communicate and present systems to the team, evangelizing best practices for implementation in order to achieve the highest level of quality.
• Continuously iterate on initial prototypes and test levels to evaluate AI and combat systems across the game.
• Assist in the architecture of AI and combat systems, through a deep understanding of finite state machines, behavior trees, or other AI decision making systems.
• Work closely with the Lead Designer to refine and maintain the vision and scope of all game systems.
• Write and maintain clean and professional high-level and implementation-focused game design documentation.
• Review the game regularly, providing hands-on feedback in tuning the overall experience.
• Experience as a system, AI or combat designer on at least 2 shipped titles.
• Proficiency with C++.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (or similar tools for game / system balancing) and Microsoft Word.
• Experience with level editing tools (Unreal, Unity, etc) and high-end 3D packages (Maya, Max, Blender,etc.)
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Seattle, WA, 98104, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Sarah Bergin|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|