Want to work for the studio that made GAME OF THE YEAR??? Senior Game Designer
Telltale Games | San Rafael CA 94901 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/04/2013
Telltale continues to expand its lineup with globally recognized brands, moving on from the blockbuster success of Back to the Future to the international phenomenon of Robert Kirkman’s The Walking Dead. Our latest partnership with DC Comics will soon result in a game series based on New York Times Best-Seller Fables, and there are more unannounced games are on the way!
We are redefining the way the games industry works, and we're looking for new team members to help us continue to forge the way. If you're looking for a fast-paced, creative environment where your passion for developing thrilling interactive content will help to push us to continued success, we'd like to talk to you. Telltale develops and publishes digital episodic games series on Xbox 360™, PlayStation®3, PC, Mac, and iOS devices.
We are located in San Rafael, California, a beautiful location with easy access to the spectacular coast, wine country, the city of San Francisco and we’re just a few short hours away from the Lake Tahoe region for unrivalled outdoor sports and recreation. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with your experience, benefits and an exciting work environment of over 100 team members who share your vision.
If you're looking for a fast-paced, creative environment where the work you do will make a difference, we'd like to talk to you!
On a given title, the Senior Designer will be responsible for generation of core gameplay concepts and mechanics in partnership with the other leads, and then evangelizing this vision to the greater team. The designer must also be effective at leading their own design team, as well as others across disciplines, to maintain that vision throughout production.
The ideal candidate should be able to handle implementation tasks as needed. Creative writing skills and understanding of story are more important than they would be for most developers, and ability to multi-task is critical.
• Development of fresh, innovative storytelling games, consistent with company game philosophy and vision
• Design of game mechanics
• Collaboration with lead writer on story creation
• Direction and mentoring of members of the design team
• Editing game scripts for functionality
• Collaboration with art and programming leads and appropriate team members to establish core game assets and game technology
• Coordination of design tasks and scripting tasks with production team to establish milestone delivery
• Communication of design to the rest of the development team
• Working closely with designers and tool engineers to implement gameplay features
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• Minimum 5 years game design experience
• At least 2 shipped titles in a design role
• At least 1 year in a lead design role
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
Additional Preferred Skills
• Experience with Visual Studio and Source Safe
• Experience with Lua
• Bachelor's degree from a computer, game, or writing program
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
|Location||San Rafael, CA, 94901, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|