Web Applications Programmer
Insomniac Games | Burbank CA 91504 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/03/2013
Essential Duties and Responsibilities can include the following.
• Experience with Flash and ActionScript 3.0.
• Ability to create User Interface systems in code, and implement logic and flow of said UI
• Ability to educate artists as to efficient asset creation
• Experience working in PHP programming, optimization, bandwidth reduction, CPU cycle reduction.
• Experience coding in MySQL database design and optimization.
• Ability to work with custom database backup, restore and rollback scripts.
• Expertise and understanding of working with security, data protection, and current anti-hacking technologies, and issues related to social gaming.
• Experience with payment gateways, financial transactions, transaction security.
• Experience with server deployment scripts, and deployment practices
• Experience in web server maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Ability to produce reusable and clean code in any of these languages
• Ability to adhere to established coding practices
• Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems and issues.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience needed for this position:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Computer Science is favorable.
• Experience programming with Flash, ActionScript3, PHP. Other programming experience a plus (C/C++, ObjC)
• Strong grasp of MS Word and Excel.
• Familiarity with Linux/Unix web server architecture a plus.
Other Skills that we are looking for: Strong communication skills. Art and design experience is a plus. Facebook/Social Gaming experience a plus, along with source control (Perforce, SVN, etc). Familiarity with UI/UX design is a plus.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for – then we want to hear from you. Please use the link below and apply directly to the spot. Thanks!
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Burbank, CA, 91504, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Browser Based Games|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Web A|