Experienced Environment Artist
Sucker Punch Productions | Bellevue WA 98004 USA | Contract | Posted: 01/02/2013
Sucker Punch takes an entire floor of a skyscraper in downtown Bellevue, a work environment customized to emphasize collaboration. We offer a great environment, a friendly set of co-workers, a full benefits package, competitive salaries, and the opportunity to work with one of the best teams around.
We’re proud of the games we’ve built, but we’re always looking to get better. We’re excited about strengthening our team with people that share our vision for building visually arresting, emotionally compelling, viscerally involving games. If you’re that sort of person, we’d love to hear from you.
Additional information can be found on the company's Web site at http://www.suckerpunch.com/.
We are looking for an experienced artist to join the Sucker Punch environments team. The ideal candidate will be skilled at modeling and texturing signs and props, with a keen eye for color, detail, and logo design.
This is a specialized and temporary position at the studio in Bellevue, WA lasting a maximum of 12 months or until the signage and prop needs of the game project are completed; whichever comes first.
• Modeling and texturing of signs and logos from reference and from scratch using Maya
• Learn our production pipeline, methods, and how to implement models into the run-time engine
• Placement of signage and color accents into the game environment
• Models must work within the performance and memory budget of the game engine and hardware
• Adhering to production schedules to meet down-stream production needs
• Ability to adapt and assume new responsibilities should the need arise
• One to 2 years of experience working in a production oriented environment for games or movies/television
• Ability to follow art direction critiques and produce results in a timely fashion
• A good sense of shape, design, proportion, and color
• Solid skills in texturing and advanced skills in use of Photoshop
• Ability to work well within a team is a must
DESIRED SKILLS AND PLUSES:
• Advanced modeling skills using Maya
• Knowledge of real-time lighting techniques a plus
• Knowledge of real-time shader animation
• Experience using ZBrush or other sculpting software a plus
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Bellevue, WA, 98004, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|