Koolhaus Games Inc. | Vancouver BC V6B 2P6 CAN | Full Time | Posted: 12/23/2012
We are a community of like minded individuals who’s goal is to create innovative entertainment products that are both critically and commercially successful. Everyone at Koolhaus is expected to provide two key contributions to the projects we work on: the one they were trained for (programmer, artist, etc.) and the other as a key creative contributor.
Our motto: work smarter not harder has resulted in minimal overtime during our 7+ year history.
Past credits include: Centipede: Origins iOS, Urban Futbol (iOS, Android, Browser PC), Tiger Woods Golf PGA Tour 12 iOS, Madden NFL Football 2012 Android, Madden NFL 2011 iPad, Kontra 4, Geometry Wars and others.
Koolhaus has developed games for most platforms including: iOS, Android, mobile, Xbox360, PS3, Wii, DS, PC & Mac.
Publisher partners include: EA, Atari, Red Bull, Activision, Square Enix, Konami, Sony BMG and others.
Experienced UI artist able to work in a small team environment delivering industry leading UI for a well established, cross platform (mobile & console) video game studio.
Koolhaus Games has been in business for over 7 years and has had 4 number 1 charted games over the past three years. Our last 7 releases have all had 8/10+ critical reviews.
As a UI designer you will be responsible for the entire look and feel of our games. You will be conceptualizing and designing wireframes alongside the Art Director, Game Designers, Artists and Software Engineers.
Our studio environment offers many opportunities to broaden your skillset as the art team is a small group of multi-disciplined artists.
• Conceptualize/create original UI wireframes and workflows
• Create mock-ups and prototypes that support and compliment the project's art
• Communicate with Software Engineers to execute and implement specifications of
• Develop a cohesive and comprehensive style guide to be used for reference
• Inspire people with ideas and creative input
• Meet project deadline and milestones
• 3+ years of UI designing experience preferred
• Self directed and able to work in a small team environment
• Expert abilities in Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash and motion graphics
• UI design experience in mobile games strongly preferred
• Detailed knowledge of mobile UI, information architecture, and usability principles
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent organizational skills, with high attention to detail
• Self driven and able to work effectively in small team environment
• Understanding of game production pipelines
• Illustration/concept experience
• Previous experience with the development and shipment of AAA titles a plus
• Experience in HTML and CSS
• Knowledge and appreciation of a wide variety of game genres and art styles
• Desire to contribute to game play and game design
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Vancouver, BC, V6B 2P6, Canada|
|Categories||Art / Animation, Console / PC Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Wii,Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Mac OS X,Windows,Mobile phone,Nintendo DS|
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||604 696 9717|
|Primary Fax||604 696 9744|
|Job Code||UI Ar|