Carbine Studios | Aliso Viejo CA 92656 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/20/2012
Experience is important, and we've got loads of it here in the studio. We're pretty proud to have some of the most talented and creative veterans in gaming on our team. But we're also seeking people that can articulate their opinions on what it takes to create the next great MMO, regardless of your experience.
See a job that makes you tingly? Then stop by our Jobs FAQ to learn how to get your information to us.
We're located in Aliso Viejo, California. It's warm here most all the time, and we're located an hour from L.A. and 90 minutes from San Diego. From wine tasting to Disney (or wine tasting at Disney), there's something for just about everyone in these parts. Our office is 10 minutes away from sandy beaches, walking distance to any chain store you can name, and with a collection of great restaurants where you'll often find Carbine staffers sharing lunch during the week.
We've got free snacks and sodas, and we encourage our staff to spend time getting to know each other over video and board games. There are weekly social gatherings, holiday parties, game days, baseball games, dodge ball teams, paint ball outings, classic role-play gaming groups for beginners and experts, and so much more. Play hard, work hard- you know the deal.
Carbine is also a place where diversity is both appreciated and supported. If you want to work in an environment where you are recognized for great work and are hungry for the chance to make your mark, then isn't it time we saw your resume?
Carbine Studios, a software development company focused on making high-quality, cutting-edge, and conceptually innovative Massively Multiplayer Games, is seeking a highly motivated PR Manager. This position is responsible for creating, managing and executing media plans for Carbine Studios and WildStar. This includes developing and implementing Carbine Studios overall strategic public relations programs and budget management of programs.
- Manage high level media relations with business, consumer and trade press
- Work with outside agencies and other vendors on special projects as assigned driving proactive communication strategies to elevate brand awareness Carbine Studios and WildStar worldwide
- Advise senior management to enhance the company’s success by applying proactive and reactive communication strategy, including crisis communications
- Contribute to marketing plans within a collaborative culture
- Excellent project management skills and execution skills
- Analytical thinker with proven ability to multi-task
- Highly developed communication, writing and editing skills
- Ability to lead by example and to motivate other team members
- Ability to present a competent, professional image at all times; good judgment and common sense; ability to gauge appropriate response when dealing with the media
- Extensive knowledge of the video game industry
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, with a major in public relations, communications, English, journalism, business, marketing or related field, comparable industry experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Public Relations position in the same or a related field
A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes Carbine Studios a great place to work.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Aliso Viejo, CA, 92656, United States|
|Categories||Marketing / PR / Communications|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Alfred Short|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|