VP of Brand
Carbine Studios | Aliso Viejo CA 92656 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/20/2012
Experience is important, and we've got loads of it here in the studio. We're pretty proud to have some of the most talented and creative veterans in gaming on our team. But we're also seeking people that can articulate their opinions on what it takes to create the next great MMO, regardless of your experience.
See a job that makes you tingly? Then stop by our Jobs FAQ to learn how to get your information to us.
We're located in Aliso Viejo, California. It's warm here most all the time, and we're located an hour from L.A. and 90 minutes from San Diego. From wine tasting to Disney (or wine tasting at Disney), there's something for just about everyone in these parts. Our office is 10 minutes away from sandy beaches, walking distance to any chain store you can name, and with a collection of great restaurants where you'll often find Carbine staffers sharing lunch during the week.
We've got free snacks and sodas, and we encourage our staff to spend time getting to know each other over video and board games. There are weekly social gatherings, holiday parties, game days, baseball games, dodge ball teams, paint ball outings, classic role-play gaming groups for beginners and experts, and so much more. Play hard, work hard- you know the deal.
Carbine is also a place where diversity is both appreciated and supported. If you want to work in an environment where you are recognized for great work and are hungry for the chance to make your mark, then isn't it time we saw your resume?
Carbine Studios, a software development company focused on making high-quality, cutting-edge, and conceptually innovative Massively Multiplayer Games, is seeking a highly dependable and dynamic Vice President of Brand who will work with the development and publishing teams to play a key role in ensuring our success.
The Vice President of Brand will set the strategy for the branding for both the studio and our games. The ideal candidate will ensure that critical information is effectively disseminated to appropriate teams throughout the publishing organization. This person will work collaboratively with all departments (including development, public relations, creative services, sales, billing, community relations, and customer service) to plan and execute the brand and business strategies. Responsibilities encompass the entire product lifecycle beginning with defining the brand, managing pre-launch marketing, PR and community, as well as launch and post-launch acquisition and retention programs and activities.
- Works closely with development, PR, creative services, sales, billing, community relations, and customer
service teams to execute marketing programs and drive the studio business
- Performs comprehensive competitive analyses
- Creates and executes quantifiable programs that increase sales, player subscriptions and/or
microtransaction purchases, and player reactivations
- Creates marketing plans, including strategy and tactics, for product launches, early lifecycle and late
lifecycle of products
- Drives direct email marketing efforts and CRM activities to Carbine game communities
- Manages other various marketing programs such as pricing incentives, referral programs, rewards
programs, and paid transactions
- Works with online community relations to develop community contests, events and promotions
- Manages internal and external resources (including agencies, media, licensees, etc.) to implement
marketing programs throughout life cycle of products
- Manages media planning, creative execution and effectiveness tracking of game advertising
- Works with sales to drive retail marketing programs
- Drives category and product-specific market research (focus groups, web surveys, etc.) to support
product development team
- Manages product P&Ls including detailed revenue forecasting
- Reports to the Executive Producer
- Bachelor’s Degree required. BS/MS Marketing, MBA preferred
- At least 8 years of experience in product marketing required
- Proven communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Solution driven creative thinker who can combine marketing and business ideas with detailed game
- Experience delivering data-driven results, analysis, and application of findings
- Successful track record in developing, managing and delivering against business objectives
- Proactive and possessing very strong work ethic
- An aggressive, dedicated team player who can motivate others around him/her
- A passion for online and massively multiplayer games
We’re looking for a proactive, executive-level partner for our development organization – someone who has the same passion for the brand production and publishing side of our ever-changing and innovative industry as the development team has for game production.
A casual work environment, comprehensive benefits package, and competitive salary are all part of the package.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Aliso Viejo, CA, 92656, United States|
|Categories||Marketing / PR / Communications|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Alfred Short|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|